Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Good morning

Reaction score
Well hello, I'm Pat and I'm middle aged now. Bought my first domain in 1999 and still have it.
Wouldn't say I'm a domainer by trade but it's always nice to have one or two good ones for a rainy day. Talking of which, I have one up on DL now (nerdy.co.uk +uk) which I've held for 15 years.

Sold a few others along the way, the best one in 2009 for $22,500 to someone who is now a billionaire. Should have held out longer!

Nice domain and congrats on the sale. What was it, just interested?

Nice domain and congrats on the sale. What was it, just interested?

Can't really say without giving away the buyer I'm afraid. Either way it wasn't plain sailing - Sedo took longer than their TOS stated to verify the buyer's account and the auction ended before they could bid, so I had a major legal headache afterwards (as there were other bidders).

Can't really say without giving away the buyer I'm afraid. Either way it wasn't plain sailing - Sedo took longer than their TOS stated to verify the buyer's account and the auction ended before they could bid, so I had a major legal headache afterwards (as there were other bidders).
Oh no. Did you sign a NDA?

Welcome . What other gems do you have stashed ?

Most of the good ones have gone!

The first I bought for a project in the late 90s when I was a student - studenthouse.net. Would probably part with it with the right offer.

I just remembered one gem I have which I really like. A single word .com, unique....
floccinaucinihilipilification.com!

Amazing ! Theres a thread with someone looking for a brandable com with 50k budget......GET ON IT

That's difficult. Had some DM but not what client looking for. Yesterday he increasing budget $300K-$500K.

Still looking and post on bunch lokal domainer forum like australian domainer forum, indonesian domainer forum and so on.

Last edited:
That's difficult. Had some DM but not what client looking for. Yesterday he increasing budget $300K-$500K.

Still looking and post on bunch lokal domainer forum like australian domainer forum, indonesian domainer forum and so on.

Wow that's a huge budget. Wish I had one that fits that brief!

Very humble of you to be brokering a potential half a million dollar domain, while being highly pleased about selling one for $100 that you couldnt sell here for £2 lol.

If I was brokering sizable sales, not sure id be bothered about making a few pence here and there.

Very humble of you to be brokering a potential half a million dollar domain, while being highly pleased about selling one for $100 that you couldnt sell here for £2 lol.

If I was brokering sizable sales, not sure id be bothered about making a few pence here and there.

That's my first time brokering domain. Accidentally got client from linkedin, i offer him one of my energy related domain. He one head of multinational company and want to open new company.

I have limited resource especially with english speaking and time. So i decided to share.

Yeah maybe my domain sale not high price just pricing $100 - $200 for end user. But with my limited resource i can sell a bunch of them since 2005. Not including sell in forum.

Just treat domain for business not investment. If i reg domain £1 and one hour later get offer £2 i take the offer. That's 100% profit, hahaha.

I'm new in UK domain maybe under 6 month first time i reg uk domain. With net investment £1.5. Sold here and there 2 on DL, couple on Flip (my country not list for register so i register with indonesian address and country india) hahaha. Until now book net profit over £600. Small for money, but if convert percentage that's massive gain for short period.

I think .co.uk and .uk domain looks promising. Because you know i'm not from UK and my english not good, but sell domain to UK people and people buy my domain.

Last edited:

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom