Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Google Adsense Design Code

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just looking at Google Adsense on this page:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/ma...nuId=242&sSheet=/money/2006/02/05/ixcoms.html

and I like the way "Ads by Google" blends into the rest of the site, instead of the usual black text on white background I tend to use.

Looking at the page source code, I cant see how the blue banner bit is done.

The Google code looks different anyway to what I would normally expect.

Code:
google_ad_client = 'telegraph-uk_126x400';

I thought Google Ad Client codes always took the form:

Code:
google_ad_client = "pub-9489025746941520";

I haven't seen this setting before either:

Code:
google_safe = 'high';

Can anyone tell me how to get this:

googlebar.gif

Thanks

not really related but looking at that article when are the banks going to start offering us jobs for big money!!

cant help on the google bit - new to that game

Large advertisers have more freedom in customizing their ads.

I agree - why can't i have that kind of flexibility with my goog ads?!

you can set all colours on adsense ads but just not font faces etc. The js they supply for your pages has border color, background color and font colour hex values you can change to fit in with your pages. just look for the #ffffff; styles colors and edit them!

If you have 20,000,000+ pageviews a month and sign a special deal with Google, you can do all kinds of nice customisation. Failing that, you're not allowed to change ANYTHING - Google are very strict about that.

Of course, I meant "anything outside the things that the tool lets you change". Sorry not to be clearer.

Domain_Merchant said:
you can set all colours on adsense ads but just not font faces etc. The js they supply for your pages has border color, background color and font colour hex values you can change to fit in with your pages. just look for the #ffffff; styles colors and edit them!

Yes despite gg not wanting you to trick people into clicking their links, with a bit of colour matching you can blend the ads into the page :) Just the annoying "ads by..." IN BLACK BOLD that i wish i could get rid of...

you can understand their ethical code here, and as being an adwords adertisiers as well as using adsense to generate revenue I am quite happy with the ads by gooooogle part!

I have also found that contrasting colour schemes are also more likely to be clicked on that if blended.

Yes i've been there too in the past...expensive game adwords...i just stick to adsense now ;)

Domain_Merchant said:
I have also found that contrasting colour schemes are also more likely to be clicked on that if blended.

Yep, like on a plain jane looking site I would use a loud colour like orange.

You do find a higher CTR then ones that blend into the site which just get lost.

Although that approach may not be suitable for some sites.

I find that making the ad links the same as your existing site ones works for me. Then they blend in a bit more with the design and don't stand out too much as extra paid ads. But that's just my experience with what i have done...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

Sponsors

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Sponsors

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Shiny Nuts