Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Google Spam

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess there is no way Google can tell if a blog owner has been paid to write a review. The point I was trying to make is that those that like a site will link to it naturally without accepting payment. This is much better than paying for links on mass.

If so whos to say you didnt give the blog owner a tenner to write that review? Google doesnt know if you paid or not half the time which is how big firms get away with it.

I agree with you 100% johnny...much cheaper, safer and better.

The problem is if you are busy getting natural links and the site above you is busy getting paid links and a few natural ones your always going to be second.

Plus - if they are good they'lll be busy checking your new natural links and paying for links on those sites too.

Big brands are nighmares for it..but they tend to buy vanity terms so there is plenty of room to compete still without buying although it is getting worse.

OK, fair doos. So I guess it's not so simple for Google just to give more weighting to relevant links.

I'm now going to join the circus where I belong and learn to jump through that ring of fire and get that fire put out by the clown with the flower that squirts water.

They can certainly still give more weight to relevant links, they just can't tell which within that set were paid for.

They can't just devalue off topic links either though, as it would throw out far too many legit links. So its a hard balancing act for the search engines.

They can't just devalue off topic links either though

Thats so true frog..

"the most natural links tend to come from personal sites."

Joe bloggs will write about his supper, his day at work and then if your lucky he'll write about buying his blue widgets from your site.

Nothing else on Mr Joe Bloggs website will be relevent to your site so it is a completely off topic link but its also probably the most natural link there is.

Also at the other end of the scale, you have links scattered through articles on the BBC and the big newspapers, even in places were algorithmically they are "off topic" in comparison to the specific article they're in.

Thats how it makes higher end link building impossible to detect. Sure, we can all see the blatant instances of it, but the really damaging stuff, google has a snowballs chance in hell of detecting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

Sponsors

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Sponsors

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Shiny Nuts