Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Google update... going after EMD's

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all the SERPS movements for EMD’s that are believed to be connected with the EMD update, are people noticing a similar trend for their hyphenated EMDs or are these considered outside the scope of this?

I always thought mobile would be a massive, massive earner for Google.

1. The PC market has stopped growing. I think there's something like 2-3x more smart phones (including tablets) then personal computers, if I remember Steve Jobs talking about this correctly. The smart phone market is also growing at an accelerating rate.

2. I read the CPCs and clicks on mobile devices were higher and worth more because users are less picky and more likely to stay on a page download or buy something from that page (rather then browsing and comparing deals on different windows like on a desktop).

3. The ads on Google mobile seem to take up 80% of the screen. I only see 1 organic search result above the fold, if that. Also, if you only see the sponsored ads above the fold then that means they don't stand out in comparison to the non-coloured organic ads, which means they arn't differentiated from organic results as much.

Not sure about this, I thought one of the reasons for rise in clicks on PPC vs the drop in CPC was due to mobile.

I think a lot depends on the sector, I can see mobile being good for local services where people are essentially looking for a phone number, but not so good for higher value / more complex purchases from ecommerce sites.

Generally I think you get more tyre kickers on mobile.

Not sure about this, I thought one of the reasons for rise in clicks on PPC vs the drop in CPC was due to mobile.

I think a lot depends on the sector, I can see mobile being good for local services where people are essentially looking for a phone number, but not so good for higher value / more complex purchases from ecommerce sites.

Generally I think you get more tyre kickers on mobile.

100% agree with this.

I use my mobile to search for things I need straight away such as addresses, telephone numbers etc but whenever I am going to buy something (apart from an app) I buy it from my computer.

I tried mobile ppc for one of my sites and there were more clicks but conversion was close to zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom