Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Great move Ebay....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ebay have stated they are heading towards a 'Market Place' environment and I take that to mean they will be phasing out the auction business and all Ebay will be is shops under one roof.

I totally agree with this and that is exactly why it is a dead man walking. It has forgotten it's core customer and what made it what it was. Much as McDonalds did in the UK over the last 5 years, they started listening to it's healthy food idiots in the media. The new UK exec has taken over and put it back to what it was "a fast food burger and chips restraunt" if people in the media want healthy food, start their own business. Since then profits have rocketed and sites havew been redevloped instead of closed. Lesson is, don't forget your core customer, don't forget who you are or you will lose what you had.

Ebay has also squeezed fee's from it's buyer to a point that has Gordon Brown looking on with envy.

ebay is in terminal decline after peaking a few years ago, everyone knows it and only going to get worse in my opinion and at a faster rate.

GW

So where do we buy/sell?

eBid is pants, there were a couple of guys who were big ebayers who 2 years ago were setting up something and it was UK based - I'll try do dig out the url and post it here but if anyone has any other options let us know...

my sister was stung with this

Basically she has her own zend website and sells stuff on ebay,anyway she sold some brooch pins to a muppit on ebay who left negative feedback 'Pins were twisted & snappd. Refunded postage to value of £2.00'

you can read the muppit buyers comments here

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayI...1&de=off&items=25&which=negative&interval=365

anyway big sis compained to ebay with photo proof,harassment emails, comments the troublemaker left on her website. Did the ebay muppits listen, no they barred my sister from ebay.

Key word in your link Hijab, I would have refunded immediately, some buyers can be.....how would you say........very discerning

I think the biggest problem with eBay now, and i think eBay have spotted it, is most people will hunt around cheap online retail stores for the tat they want to buy. 7 years ago big online Tat merchants such as ebuyer, bigpockets, firebox etc didn't have the market impact as they do now.

7 years ago I may have looked at eBay for a DVD player etc, now its buy it cheap from Play \ Amazon. The only things I buy of eBay now are cheap electronis from Hong Kong or China.

As Ging said, eBay are really gunning for the Marketplace. I can also see eBay banning any links to the Marketplace sellers external shop, which some have and have slightly cheaper prices than the ebay shop.

I can also see eBay banning any links to the Marketplace sellers external shop, which some have and have slightly cheaper prices than the ebay shop.

Ive had listings removed for doing that. I had a simple link to one of my websites to show other options and the listing was removed.

They even removed one listing because my logo had the website ".com" in the logo image :mad:

It seemed a competitor was reporting my listings though as I had no problems for years with the same types of listings.

Ive had listings removed for doing that. I had a simple link to one of my websites to show other options and the listing was removed.

They even removed one listing because my logo had the website ".com" in the logo image :mad:

It seemed a competitor was reporting my listings though as I had no problems for years with the same types of listings.

It would have been a competitor who reported. I've been selling a unique items on Ebay for a year now which has my website logo watermark over the product in huge letters. As it's unique I've got no competition so they go un-molested.

Another 5p listing day on Thursday.Looks like they are trying to get their figures up :)

As Ging said, eBay are really gunning for the Marketplace. I can also see eBay banning any links to the Marketplace sellers external shop, which some have and have slightly cheaper prices than the ebay shop.

It's interesting but Amazon Us have done a soft launch of a new site called
http://www.warehousedeals.com .

It's US only at the momment but it's all stuff like returns/damaged boxed stuff etc. Looking at the prices it's incredibly cheap.

I would'nt be surprised if we were to see eBay swallowed up by another company. Amazon would be a perfect partner.

Just been on ebay to relist some stuff, I need to accept paypal to use "buy now" and I now need to accept returns, piss off.

Ebay are seem to be on a suicide path, killing it's sellers. Well that's me out of there.

Last time I will be using them,

Ebay is so ridiculous that seller cannot leave feedback for buyers now. :twisted:
Ebay is so amazing that neutral feedbacks are count like negative feedbacks, calculated in the denominator of feedback percentage. :twisted:

Many sellers are leaving, and I really don't blame them. It is a shame there is nowhere decent for auction sellers to go, as Ebay has become a household name.

It also popped up on my last login that if you are not listing from your normal home computer they have to ring you to verify its you.....

What the hell? What a work up!

do you know what i have been saying this via email to my bank recently,why don't they notify you if you log onto your online bank account with a different i.p and contact you,it will stop most of the online fraud.why does ebay want this technology god only knows but i had my ebay account hacked into whilst i was in a dispute with a seller and he removed all the damaging emails he sent me,funny enough ebay says that there is no chance he could of hacked my account,and now ebay have resulted in this verification process,good old ebay.

mark

It also popped up on my last login that if you are not listing from your normal home computer they have to ring you to verify its you.....

What the hell? What a work up!

I think it was mentioned sometime ago they were introducing it.

Wonder how that is going to work if you use something like Auctiva and chop and change between ips ?

Nice move from the french, eBay fined £30m for allowing fake goods to be sold online.

It's about time someone clamped down on this, any other site would have been shut down long ago.

Hopefully more countries to follow, further to this. When the ext's become none geographic, will anyone be able to fine .ebay and if not how can the french or anyone else enforce their jurisdiction?

Left them , but can't shake them.

I stopped doing business due to fee increases on my narrow margin products a long time ago, and now that they disallow digital products (no more 1 cent wallpaper for trader points lol) I have no reason to ever go back. but I can't get them out of my life. Most of my online presence is still tied to good old Pay Pal. So far, So good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom