Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

great update on domain prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Some healthy sales on the domain prices update, thank you to them for making things so tangible.

good sales still to go on:

raw.co.uk £15,000
watchdog.co.uk £3800
tulip.co.uk £3600
ppirefunds.co.uk $4190

according to dnjournal.

Last edited:
Considering tulip & watchdog were DomainLore sales Sedo have a cheek claiming them. If they did that is, and it wasn't a DNJournal error.

Sedo claim everything as a Sedo sale even just for using it's Escrow service. - I suppose it's good for getting the sales into the public eye but, they don't ask the seller or buyers.

Sold this through a Sedo Auction earlier in the year for £600, so a nice profit for the buyer. :)

Indeed - as mentioned before, I usually get some pleasure in seeing a domain move on for a good profit. It's always a good indicator of your registration/capture judgement. And I'm pretty sure you get the same buzz wb.

Could you imagine seeing one of your previous sales Not attracking even a £50 bid at Domainlore - you'd wanna wipe the domain history off the board. :eek:

Sedo claim everything as a Sedo sale even just for using it's Escrow service. - I suppose it's good for getting the sales into the public eye but, they don't ask the seller or buyers.

For a fee they will keep an escrow transaction private - they have said themselves that about 80% of their transactions remain private.

For a fee they will keep an escrow transaction private - they have said themselves that about 80% of their transactions remain private.

They shouldn't bloody charge for this! Privacy should be an explicit standard option for any transaction of that nature!

Interested to see what Sedo have to say abnout that... 1. Hijacking others sales. 2. Not considering privacy paramount.

They shouldn't bloody charge for this! Privacy should be an explicit standard option for any transaction of that nature!

Interested to see what Sedo have to say abnout that... 1. Hijacking others sales. 2. Not considering privacy paramount.

Sedo routinely claim a sale when it has been purely an escrow transaction. In one particular case of mine they were expressly instructed not to report the sale. They confirmed that the sale would not be reported, next week in bright lights there was my sale on DNJournal. Cost me embarrassment with the people I had purchased the domain from and future business.

these are relatively old sales
few weeks ago at least

sedos rss feed has most recent sales
http://sedo.com/rss/rss_list.php?rss_id=17

Every new Sedo sale in posted here as it happens, same for DL, via their RSS feeds. DomainPrices.co.uk is more of a reference site where you can do research or look for keyword similar domain sales.

I will do a major overhaul of it one day as it's very bespoke right now so a bit of a pain to maintain.

Admin

This.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

Sponsors

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Sponsors

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Shiny Nuts