Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Hand regging is not dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
I enjoy domaining as a hobby, and like any hobby you don't go into it with the intention of turning a profit, it's just a bonus (and hard work) I have made a profit. I think that should be a suitable enough answer Invincible :D.

It's a hobby-business. Are you seriously suggesting you'd carry on and enjoy it if you weren't profiting?

While your young and have the energy to do it, do it. You'll learn lots if nothing else and your not exactly risking a lot at the moment doing what your doing.

good luck with it.

It's a hobby-business. Are you seriously suggesting you'd carry on and enjoy it if you weren't profiting?

People carry on gambling when they aren't profiting.

Not to say registering domains is gambling exactly, but you do get a little buzz at the time of registering when you've managed to get what you think is a valuable name.

I think that most of us enjoy it and would carry on for a while without making a profit. Possibly just breaking even.

Personally there are times of the year when most of my .com/.co.uk renewals come in along with nom membership and other related fees... It makes me wonder if I am really breaking even... Pretty sure I am even with only a few xxxx and xxx sales a year...

I'm sure I could be more selective, reg less and squeeze the profit... I'm doing it a little...

Completely agree about the fun and not counting the hours.

Also quite fun watching a hand reg being offered on acorn for £30, no-one biting and a few weeks later selling to an end user for 2k... :)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

I agree that handregging is not dead but I don't very often.
I buy more on the aftermarket and expired auctions. Still, it pays to keep an eye on the drops but you need good filters - or stay abreast of new trends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom