Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Has anybody ever sought investment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could also try promoting via an affiliate programme on a CPA basis. At least that way you're guaranteed some sort of benefit for the expense.

Maybe https://www.jvzoo.com/ ?

Or solo ads on money saving type lists?

In terms of social media, take a look at http://meetedgar.com/

I have looked through most of the tools and use Hootsuite, this looks mostly the same and by the time you start using them all it ends up at 200 or so a month just on social media tools.

I think it is knowing the content and how to get the best out of it.

You could also try promoting via an affiliate programme on a CPA basis. At least that way you're guaranteed some sort of benefit for the expense.

Maybe https://www.jvzoo.com/ ?

Or solo ads on money saving type lists?

I have thought about affiliate, although I am not sure of the rules of being an affiliate of an affiliate but will certainly check it out.

It isn't as much a shopping site where I process transactions so it then relies on people buying something before I could pay the affiliate. I am not too sure on paying per sign up unless it is after a certain threshold of earnings / offers posted. I could generate thousands of dormant members within seconds in the database so they need to be the right sort.

AdWords?

Totally different market than anything I'm used to, but I'd generally be confident of an average click cost of around £0.10. Some campaigns more, some less.

The biggest campaign we're managing gets around £0.057 per click currently.

If you have stats on how well your sign up pages convert, you could look at the sums and see whether that's potentially profitable?

AdWords?

Totally different market than anything I'm used to, but I'd generally be confident of an average click cost of around £0.10. Some campaigns more, some less.

The biggest campaign we're managing gets around £0.057 per click currently.

If you have stats on how well your sign up pages convert, you could look at the sums and see whether that's potentially profitable?

Adwords isn't allowed as it isn't physically me selling anything so I couldn't promote and offer or a search result :(

I could run a campaign just to the signup page, but I don't think it would do too well.

Last edited:
it then relies on people buying something before I could pay the affiliate.

You'd have to be able to justify the expense as an investment in the growth of the site.

You could have two cpa levels - basic signup and then further payment on a point of 'activation' where the subscriber made their first contribution to the site.

You'd probably do quite well with solo ads with partners like LatestFreeStuff (ask if you want an intro, I have a basic connection with Deepak).

I must say its a very nice site!

Adwords isn't allowed as it isn't physically me selling anything :(

I could run a campaign just to the signup page, but I don't think it would do too well.

Yes, to the sign up page. Put everything you have into making that convert and all your problems are solved. Then it's just a case of sending numbers at it.

Yes, to the sign up page. Put everything you have into making that convert and all your problems are solved. Then it's just a case of sending numbers at it.[/QUOTE

But the issue is getting the users active not the actual user numbers. :(

So it is the interacting with them, the mailshots, the tweets which is where I lack experience.

Widgets would be another idea. I've spoken to you before about wanting to embed parts of your engine in my site. If you could make a widget people could embed in their own site, there's another traffic volume source for you.

Re getting the users active, do you have an autoresponder sequence you take them through after signup to help with their onboarding and activation?

If not, why not? :D

Widgets would be another idea. I've spoken to you before about wanting to embed parts of your engine in my site. If you could make a widget people could embed in their own site, there's another traffic volume source for you.
WordPress and api should be done within a few days :) however all transactions will just earn find it for less points.

Re getting the users active, do you have an autoresponder sequence you take them through after signup to help with their onboarding and activation?

If not, why not? :D
I have just setup automatic newsletters with rss through mail chimp, next thing is auto responders

If your newsletters are anything like Groupon's they'd drive me mad :D

Have a really good think about the things people do on the site that make them understand the value and stick around - then use the autoresponder to encourage them to do those things. Dangle a carrot if you have to.

Find it for less points don't do it for me I'm afraid - for me it's the monetisation potential.

Have you tried facebook ads?

Could you tie product reviews in with good deals? We've got some really thorough reviews on one of our sites and each one generates a few hundred visits each month.

If your newsletters are anything like Groupon's they'd drive me mad :D

Have a really good think about the things people do on the site that make them understand the value and stick around - then use the autoresponder to encourage them to do those things. Dangle a carrot if you have to.

Find it for less points don't do it for me I'm afraid - for me it's the monetisation potential.
Yes, the points turn to money when they get to £10 so that's not an issue.

I'll look into the auto response stuff tomorrow.

Again, the content of newsletters etc is what I'm going to need a marketer or partner to do!

Maybe keep it simple? Content like

* Today's top ten money saving deals
* This month's top ten earners (members)

The job of an expert is to get the information you know out of you, then mix it with some clever ideas. You can do all that yourself if you try :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom