Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Has anybody ever sought investment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, this is what I am finding a challenge. Simplifying it and marketing it.

When I explain to people, being a developer I think I over complicate it and go into too much detail. :)

I know it's a different concept but look at HotUKDeals, thats so simple in terms of what it does, offers, people comment on it.

You should do the same but add the option of earning from it too, not try and add too many features, i'd strip back your offerings and make it nice and clean!

Yes, a very clear simple marketing message is what you need. That is behind all good marketing.

You look like a very skilled developer. From a technical point of view, your site is impressive. The thing is, from a business perspective, you already have two very big cashback rivals who have already captured the market and are already advertising on TV. I would question whether from a business environment point of view, this is the right thing to be channelling your development skills in to. One thing that I personally have been getting a bit tired of is the affiliate model full stop. There are so many ways you can lose out on a sale, and you need massive traffic volume to make it worth while. With you skills it may be worth thinking about how you can develop a site or app whereby people are paying for a service directly to you, i.e. you take the payment. E.g. build a new paid app. When you are taking the money yourself, it's easier to make your site profitable and viable.

Rgds

Do other cashback sites offer the same ways to get cashback with the same amount of ways to earn the cashback?

It already makes profit, so is it a bad thing to have created? The affiliate model is still alive, it doesn't have to be one or the other of developing things for others and an affiliate income does it?

Last edited:
I know it's a different concept but look at HotUKDeals, thats so simple in terms of what it does, offers, people comment on it.

You should do the same but add the option of earning from it too, not try and add too many features, i'd strip back your offerings and make it nice and clean!

That's what it already does, people post an offer they have found and it automatically gives them cashback :)

It's just a bonus there is the search function so people can compare prices and find the offers too.

I think that is one of the issues, in my head it is so simple but it musn't be that simple for others. :(

Last edited:
This is an important point. You need to distill the single most important benefit of the site down into a single sentence. "Save money online" is so weak.

For instance:

Share the best deals you've found, and earn when others click to buy.

or

Buy stuff at the best prices. Or get cashback on deals you find and share!

or

Earn cashback on the deals you share!

or

Like HotUKDeals, but you share in the commissions!

or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

Sponsors

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Sponsors

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Shiny Nuts