Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Nominet Have your say on our proposed Articles of Association

Acorn Newsbot

Reaction score
We want to bring our Articles of Association up to date, to more clearly explain how the company operates today and build a stronger foundation for the future. These documents were first created when the company was founded in 1996, and so it’s important that they are modernised to reflect current practice and legislation.

Today, we’re opening the consultation on our proposed Articles, including how we could improve them. Nominet members will be able to provide their feedback until the 9th of August. Our board members will be available to discuss this work with members and answer any questions.

We want to make this right, and so we encourage all our members to tell us if there is anything we can improve on, have overlooked, or remains unclear. Equally, if you are supportive of the changes proposed, let us know. Following the consultation, we plan to table updated Articles of Association for members to consider at the next AGM.

As part of the consultation, members will also be asked their view on whether or how our governance arrangements could evolve further to understand if there is a consensus around more substantive change in future.  

You can find the proposed Articles, and the consultation document, along with supporting information, on the Nominet website.

We want to thank you in advance for helping us ensure our constitutional documentation is improved and represents a solid foundation for any changes in future, and look forward to hearing your views.

The post Have your say on our proposed Articles of Association appeared first on Nominet.

Continue reading...

Just came to Acorn to flag the Articles consultation - and see it’s already been picked up.

The consultation has been designed to make it easy to go through and respond without having to wade through legalese.

Please take a look and respond. And if anyone has questions, happy to respond here, or on the Nominet Community, or via email/phone etc.

Also - while here - I’ll be at the Domain Name conference in August at the Metropole and have a speaking slot in my role as a Nominet board member. If there’s something you want me to cover or look into, let me know.

Kieren

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom