Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Hello from Manchester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi,

Thought I'd say hello. *waves*

I'm new to domaining and it hasn't taken me long to realise it's not as easy as it looks!

I've decided to go for the end user market rather than reseller, and I've discovered I like thinking up new domain names rather than watching for the expired.

The online thesaurus has become my new best friend, and I live in hope I may yet find The Big One. Heh I'm not holding my breath though. :D

Nice to meet you all!

Hi mate,

Welcome to the forum and world of domains.
hope you will enjoy this forum.

Good Luck.

Hi bertiewooster

Welcome aboard mate, I'm not far from you (rochdale), you have to be quick in this game, hmm let me think has the 'thebigone.com' been taken. anyway do you have any good un bad names you have registered that you'd like to share with us?

Hi Guys

Thanks for the welcome!:)

Hi bertiewooster

Welcome aboard mate, I'm not far from you (rochdale), you have to be quick in this game, hmm let me think has the 'thebigone.com' been taken. anyway do you have any good un bad names you have registered that you'd like to share with us?

I've built my portfolio in the past week or so, but I'm putting a stop on it for the moment else I'll be in the poor house. I don't like getting .co.uk because of the 2 year registration - gets expensive!

I grabbed a few thru the drop lists:

Alpenhorn.net
Acquirement.net
Alehouse.biz
Ailment.biz
Amends.biz
Appointee.biz
Appellant.biz

I came up with these next ones myself, and I prefer them. Most probably won't get typeins, nor are searchable - but that didn't stop atomica.com or hoo.com selling for big bucks! A few DO have SE and Overture results though.

AmarGana.com (Love Wins in Spanish)
sMarvellous.com (contraction of the way people pronounce "it's marvellous" - from the song)
sAwfulNice.com
Choonful.com
DeeplyJuicy.com
GroovyGizmos.com
TheRaveCave.com
TheSkinnee.com
TheBigSleaze.com
MistressSleaze.com
NickTheBrief.com (for a lawyer - was the name of a horse I liked!)
OnTheRazz.com (club, entertainment)
Tralah.com
Chaeta.com ( a bristle or something stiff.)
Rytass.com (mispell of the Lithuanian 'rytas' which means morning).
Pirais.com (an extraordinary word - it is used in some foreign language but apparently has no meaning! Sounds like a word though.)
Eatche.com (this was a mistake I think)
InsureYourWheels.com (car insurance for UK)
InsureYourGaff.com (home insurance for UK)
OnlineSwots.com (for distance learning)
akaFlashGit.com
akaMoneymaker.com
StakitPakit.com
IncomeOnAuto.com
DitchYourDayJob.com
PassivePayments.com
DecentMortgages.com
PlainMortgages.com
PlainLoans.com
WeFundU.com
SmallSpreads.com
PipsAndProfit.com (forex)
Contrarian-Trader.com
TheAffluentTrader.com
TradingTheForex.org
ForexTradingCenter.net
FuturesUncovered.info
Alffa.net
TheBigBox.org
YourBilling.biz
MyBilling.us

DecentLoans.co.uk
DeferredPayment.co.uk
PassiveMoney.co.uk
MisterOpportunity.co.uk
TheNewsman.co.uk
TheSkinni.co.uk
TheHottest.co.uk
SpreadLegs.co.uk
WhoreClub.co.uk
WhoreCentral.co.uk
Kunts.co.uk
HotWidgets.co.uk
LayLadyLay.co.uk
Hoars.co.uk
PremiumBoats.co.uk
VacantPlots.co.uk
PawnIT.co.uk (think this has potential to be a BIG one!)
MyNoseJob.co.uk
Eidelweiss.co.uk
HeyMister.co.uk
HeyYoo.co.uk
Itchikoo.co.uk
LastFarewell.co.uk (undertakers, memorial plaques?)
MissYoo.co.uk (site like Friends Reunited?)
PissedAsANewt.co.uk (student clubs? pubs?)
sImpossible.co.uk (positive thinking business)
sParadise.co.uk (travel)
Stakit.co.uk
Trala.co.uk
YouThinkSo.co.uk (positive thinking)

Last nights regs:
CarsOnCredit.org
CreditableCars.com (play on words which could also be used as CreditAbleCars)
CarsOnTick.com
AutosOnLease.com
LeaseTheAuto.com
MotorsOnLease.com
WheelsOnLease.com
WheelsOnCredit.net
CreditAndCars.net

This mornings:
InsureTheSelf.com
InsuringYou.co.uk

There are some clunkers in there, but some good 'uns I feel. Some will be developed for adsense or parking, others are hopefully going to the endusers. :)

I've not sold a domain yet and I'll probably be in two minds as it's not easy thinking up a replacement!!

tramline ride height blue sky

hi bertie...

welcome to the 1st branch of the OAK ;) (amazing theme for AD but no-one has asked us yet!)

as for your "dip in the water" with DN's... you have a few good ideas and great to see a few "possibles"

however... try and think a little more generic... we understand your concerns with the UK market, .biz, .net, .com all represent better value to flip, spin or develop (most, not all) so you have got the spread right-ish...

but some are not worth the reg? try a simple exercise (it will only cost $.35 per DN) and put some on ebay for sale... see if you sell or get anywhere near a reg fee value for some of the poor ones... put a reserve on the ones you feel are good.. just test the market...

would suggest a bit more AD archive reading of posts here before you slip into the poor house :-D

good luck and once again welcome :cool:

thanks for the advice!

Heheh "branch of the oak" would make a cool domain name! :)

I really hate boring domain names, they should be outlawed!

There's an insurance company which advertises on TV with some fierce and scary lawyer woman who acts as if she's cross examining the "witness" and she says "you mean to say, Insurance4U gives you all the money?" and it hurts my ears. Real english please, not this damn textspeak! Grrr.

Maybe I'll write to them and tell them "InsuringYou" sounds much more pleasing to the ear and they can buy it from me for a super duper price. *snerk*

Last edited:
wow Bert,

you've got quite a few names there , specially like the interesting ones like 'pawnit.co.uk' and 'missyoo.co.uk' (I would associate this more so with the younger teenage lady - a developed site with pop hits,makeup, hunks (picture of me) etc rather than friends reunited).

Ah, you're reading it as a title? Yeah, could be, or even a Chinese dominatrix or perhaps an astrologer/psychic. But it's also a phonetic of "miss you" which is why I associated it with a Friends Reunited type site - couldn't think of anything else which qualified - unless it was a site where you try and get your ex back! :)

If anyone is interested in a short snappy mispelling zyts.co.uk was available earlier today also zytz.co.uk and many other extensions except .com. That could be the obvious of spotcream seller, but it could also be something related to teenagers in general. I nearly got it, but I've spent too much already I think. :)

I got my first ask for a quote for one of the motor related ones, on another forum and I fear I may have shot myself in the foot. Before giving them a price I told them they could get the other extns for reg if they could live without the .com. Then after yet again fiddling about with word combos I found a combo very similar and totally suitable in a COM!

I didn't register it, I told them they might prefer to go and reg it themselves!

LOL I've just sabotaged my potential first sale! Okay it'll only be a loss of low £xx, but that wasn't too bright of me was it? *sigh*

I think I'm too stoopid to be a successful seller. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom