Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

help creating custom nameservers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Can anyone help with setting up custom nameservers?

i want most of my domains to use one of my domains as the namesever,

ns1.iamforsale.net
ns2.iamforsale.net

I spoken to HEARTINTERNET, who i register with, they cant help. :(
i have a hosting account with Dreamhost and i have attempted to do it on dreamhost before, with little success (it worked for a while - but the stopped, i guess Dreamhost changed their IP or something)

Any Ideas?
Thanks.

If you buy the HI reseller hosting package i think you can use custom nameservers

I think the HI package starts at £30 per month - I'm not sure if it's an add on or included by default though.

Hostgators reseller package let you do this as well for $25 per month (about £15) is you're counting the pennies.

If you buy the HI reseller hosting package i think you can use custom nameservers

thanks for the replys.. but didnt really want to pay :)
if i did have to, i didnt want to pay much.

i found someone (on ebay) who will do it for a tenner, (eclipse) so i may go with that

Hello Sean,

Firstly I am not familiar with DreamHost and the way they work however setting your domains custom name servers is fairly simple.

There are actually two main ways to achieve this. One by the register and two by your control panel.

You need to add A records which point to your hosts name servers. For example, if you was using ns1.iamforsale.net/ns2.iamforsale.net you would add this to your zone:

ns1 A 66.33.206.206
ns2 A 208.96.10.221

Then of course, you would login to your domain register and amend your name servers from ns1.dreamhost.com/ns2.dreamhost.com to ns1.iamforsale.net/ns2.iamforsale.net

If you have any problems at all, feel free to contact me.

Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom