Domain Manage

Help me understand This Please

Discussion in 'Domain Name Registrars' started by retired_member6, Jun 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. retired_member6

retired_member6 Banned

Domain Name: .COM
    Registrar: TUCOWS INC.
    Whois Server: whois.tucows.com
    Referral URL: http://domainhelp.opensrs.net
    Name Server: NS1.SEDOPARKING.COM
    Name Server: NS2.SEDOPARKING.COM
    Updated Date: 28-may-2007
    Creation Date: 15-apr-2005
    Expiration Date: 15-apr-2007

This is my old domain, I'd have like to have kept but missed the renewal, tucows has changed the nameservers to sedo. They're controlling my domain before it would seem it has dropped, can't I sue them? can't they be reported or is it theirs to do what they wish now?

Lee

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. aZooZa

aZooZa Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

I think it's basically theirs to do what they like while it's in redemption Lee. You just have to cough up the usury fee to get it back. Still, bad tactics on their part if you ask me.

4. retired_member6

retired_member6 Banned

Bad tactics? they don't own the domain. It's disgusting! I'm going to make a complaint.

Lee

5. SF

SF Well-Known Member

I had this problem about a year ago lee with a .com - I complained to my hosts and they got the name back for me, i think it could of been in the redemtion period thou

6. retired_member6

retired_member6 Banned

I can't recall who it was with, ukreg or domaindiscount24.com

Lee

7. retired_member6

retired_member6 Banned

It was with ukreg, and they have changed the nameservers to sedo to domain taste in advance of it dropping so presumably domcollect can pick it up if it's worth anything. I'm making a complaint, scum.

Lee

Last edited: Jun 11, 2007
  8. retired_member6

retired_member6 Banned

First complaint made to ukreg, now we'll see if I'm drunk or if I'm right.

Lee

9. SF

SF Well-Known Member

yeah they are testing the traffic and earnings off your back - they never changed them to sedo thou - that is quite naughty

10. retired_member6

retired_member6 Banned

It showed a sedo parking page not so long ago, I thought it strange it only clicked tonight whilst drinking, so see what reply I get. The next complaint goes to the top bods.

Cheers
    Lee

11. yesterday United Kingdom

yesterday Active Member

try a) submitting the domain to sedo listings - and sedo will have to give you the commission

b) contacting nominet, as you may be able to do a tag change then a renewal, - they usually ask for an £80 renewal before the tag change but if you ask nicely and on the online form (old one - I have no idea about the new one), you click through to change tag, and renew etc and then at the end it says something like "get new registrant to pay for the renewal" - click that and you get the tag change and the cheaper reg.

I did something similar with my own TAG but you may be able to do it through a third party TAG.

yesterday

12. retired_member6

retired_member6 Banned

Oi, I'm the one that's drinking, it's a .com, good idea with the adding to sedo, I'll do it now, although it is in redemption and there's no whois.

Lee

13. Johnp United Kingdom

Johnp Active Member

Sorry Lee

I thinks that is why we all hate .coms no nuggets of traffic, industrialised domain tasting that is a real joke, the registrars are all bent and keep anything that is about to drop themselves if they think it is worth anything.

You complain bitterly in this forum about Nominet - it could really be lot worse ....:(

About your problem with 2cows - hope they all get BSE. All the UK registrars seam to use 2Moos for their .coms and charge you twice what you would pay with GoDaddy i.e. think $ and £ get reversered somewhere down 'the reseller chain' The cheapest so far that seam to do a decent job that I have found is FXDomains (Wild West Domains) which is about third cheaper than GoDaddy per year, but user interface is exactly i.e. it is 'white label' site of what Godaddy use.

Best Of Luck Mate.

JohnP

14. retired_member6

retired_member6 Banned

Nominet just shoot themselves in the foot, ukreg, sedo and domcollect are just bent and people on here still use them.

Lee

15. retired_member6

retired_member6 Banned

Here's the two replies, openly admitting that they misuse the domain at their will whilst at the same time charging you £200 to get it back. Please note the relationship between UKreg, Sedo and Domcollect. Do you think this is fair and correct? Are they not breaking any rules? In my eyes, they're scum.

Lee

16. retired_member6

retired_member6 Banned

I sent this to sedo, see if they actually reply to emails for once.

Cheers
    Lee

17. retired_member6

retired_member6 Banned

And the complaint sent to escalations after support bottled it.

18. retired_member11

retired_member11 Retired Member

Never drink and click.

19. retired_member6

retired_member6 Banned

Time for Jackanory

So UKReg and sedo have a deal to direct domains they don't own to sedo's parking pages just for a little top of click throughs and the money goes straight to sedo. Nice, so customer buys domains, then ukreg hijacks the domain during limbo and sedo earns money. All these scams, and they're all legit?

20. retired_member6

retired_member6 Banned

Oh and just waiting to hear back from UKReg on this little problems as well.

21. retired_member6

retired_member6 Banned

And a little warning, ukreg scum, not only charge you £200 to get your domain back, but now they also remove it from the account the day it was due to be renewed in the hope you forget all about it while they taste your domain. So who tells the truth right now, internic whois or tucows, did it renew or didn't it?

Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.