Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Hi to all on Acorn Domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

3AC

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I joined AD about 18 months ago, but this is actually the first time I have started using it properly after being nagged lots of times to get involved.

I have just done a post about some domain names I have for sale and already had some people contact me, so I really pleased with the warm reception!

I have been domaining since 2002 and focus on .co.uk and .mobi domains, I am 26 and have just over 300 domains in my portfolio.

I will be speaking about domain names at the Think Visibility conference in Leeds on September 4th. If you have never been to Think Visibility I would definitely recommend you come up and give it a try. (www.thinkvisibility.com)

Always happy to chat!

Best

Gary

www.3ac.co.uk
twitter.com/garyptaylor

Hey Gary, great to have you here, i missed the last thinkvis but am hoping to make the next, will be good to see your talk and also finally meet some people face to face.

Welcome Gary and thanks for the intro.

Don't forget to tell people about Acorn Domains if you get the chance ;)

Admin

Welcome to the forum Gary, good to see you finally posting here :)

Welcome to acorn - btw it is 2010, .mobi are basically dead and doubt many round here have bought into the hype for a couple of years ;-)

Hi Rob

Fully aware of what year it is. ha ha!

I bought into .mobi when they first launched, and you're right there is no hype about them anymore. But it depends on what you want to acheive with them.

I am a true advocate of the extension and use them purely for mobile web development purposes as opposed to trying to make money on the aftermarket with them. They have their advantages within mobile search and when purchasing advertising through mobile operators.

A huge amount of people paid well over the odds for them, a classic example was Rick Schwartz when he paid $200k for Flowers.mobi...eek!

I think if people had been educated more about .mobi when it first launched instead of rushing in then many people wouldn't be so against them / had their fingers burnt (or is it burned? I never know!)

Either way they do the job for me! :D

Welcome to acorn - btw it is 2010, .mobi are basically dead and doubt many round here have bought into the hype for a couple of years ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom