Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

HostMaria domain business livestreams - tonight 9PM

I was initially thinking that the ads were only showing for people not logged in, but @Paullas is seeing ads when logged in, whereas I don't get any ads after logging in, weird.

Edited to add, this is on an Android phone, not a laptop.

Agree with @diablo, any non member currently viewing the forum, is unlikely to join when seeing the amount of ads.

Last edited:
Horrible, I've spent the last 10 minutes setting up adblock on my phone, but it doesn't remove the container boxes so each thread is massively long.

I've been using the forum less and lately, but will no longer use it at all on my phone.

Horrible, I've spent the last 10 minutes setting up adblock on my phone, but it doesn't remove the container boxes so each thread is massively long.

I've been using the forum less and lately, but will no longer use it at all on my phone.
Done the same on my phone, huge waste of data if I'm out.

Looking better already. I opened the thread in "The bar" before I saw the comments in this thread. Nothing wrong with ads, but that was too many of course.

Looking better already. I opened the thread in "The bar" before I saw the comments in this thread. Nothing wrong with ads, but that was too many of course.

It was a mistake. While waiting for approval, I put the code in the wrong place... and missed that moment when the forum got approved for ads :):rolleyes:

It was a mistake. While waiting for approval, I put the code in the wrong place... and missed that moment when the forum got approved for ads :):rolleyes:

Thank you Felix for fixing this. Best wishes, Helmuts

Good to see the return of flip auctions to the sidebar. I never really look at auctions now, but it's a good nudge that will benefit flip hugely.

yes good to see flip back on the sidebar. Now summer is just about over might list a few.
Also would be good to see domainlore's prefix restored under the auction section - most of us on acorn use domainlore.

Just out of interest... Appreciate this was a mistake and code was put in loop or something, but I thought G Ads only ever displays 3 max on a page ? Has it all changed ?

Just out of interest... Appreciate this was a mistake and code was put in loop or something, but I thought G Ads only ever displays 3 max on a page ? Has it all changed ?

You can manually place the ad code in many different places. There are limits on the number of ads allowed per page. There's an auto ads feature that may place more ads.

It looks like it was "criteo" and not G ads

• Informative
Reactions: dee
i think you can manipulate it on Xenforo, i might be wrong though.

Interesting to know if anyone actually clicks on google ads? I find them distracting?

Interesting to know if anyone actually clicks on google ads? I find them distracting?

Currently £2 - £17/day across both forums (Acorn 95% v DNF 5%). Ok for the starters.

These numbers (detailed Adsense stats) will be very useful and will be used when selling ad space for direct advertisers (I want to see 'Flip.uk' type widget ads).

An ok start.

Currently £2 - £17/day across both forums (Acorn 95% v DNF 5%). Ok for the starters.

These numbers (detailed Adsense stats) will be very useful and will be used when selling ad space for direct advertisers (I want to see 'Flip.uk' type widget ads).

An ok start.
Is it G Adsnse? (if you dont mind me asking)

Is it G Adsnse? (if you dont mind me asking)

Yes, G Adsense. My plans are to approach marketplaces with large inventory + gtld registry operators and various service/tool providers.. they all wish to see transparent data (without added bs), and historical adsense data is as good as it gets for showing the ad impressions/performance + also works as a some kind of guarantee that a website owner isn't faking numbers (or he/she would be banned by G). :)

and, once we start getting cool ad widgets (like Flip.uk one) > the forum will gain additional value for our users.

yes, your question is 1000% fine :) .. don't be afraid to ask these :)

Best! H

There will be an expronto fun livestream today 1PM London time:

The topic: fresh impressions from our recent networking in the dn industry

@Ryan Ewen is in, and I have sent an invitation to @Sam, who has just created a domain name marketing whatsapp group, though haven't received a reply yet (very short notice)

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom