Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

houses.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think houses was a good buy even if it not developed there can be other reasons stop a competitor getting, to trade with someone etc

Cost to make it a market leader could be high (no different to any other in that market…) A seemingly more natural route of rental, sales, development, diy etc the returns could be high

Sunglasses.co.uk is much more singular and possible more susceptible to other influences and you could be always battling against the brands leaders which is never a great thing… It could still do great though…

Sunglasses.co.uk is much more singular and possible more susceptible to other influences and you could be always battling against the brands leaders which is never a great thing… It could still do great though…

It's the same with property regarding battling against the brands though. For example, Zoopla has received over £5.5m of venture capital funding according to the last press release I remember seeing. I don't see the attraction in someone spending £32k (which for a large property start-up investment would be a drop in the ocean) on a name which is instantly limiting.

I hold dreamhome /co.uk&eu along with a few other well know property domains. Would be interested to know its value in relation.

S

It's the same with property regarding battling against the brands though. For example, Zoopla has received over £5.5m of venture capital funding according to the last press release I remember seeing. I don't see the attraction in someone spending £32k (which for a large property start-up investment would be a drop in the ocean) on a name which is instantly limiting.

Most estate agents are more than happy to have there property on any site…They could go more down the route of just charging people to advertise there’s for sale cutting out agents altogether..? It goes with traditional advertising well and would be reasonably easy to get revenue in from advertisers, hit niches like architects etc showing there designs for public, developers locally authorities, exclusive development’s Things that go into houses what interiors look better in certain types styles , builds of houses etc or age related problems that terraced, detached etc have a site that covers all types of houses and everything that is associated with them not really limiting…?

There may be better or worse names but certainly don’t thinks it’s anywhere near as limiting as sunglasses

Last edited:
Great pirce, I would have paid more for it, if I had have known about the auction.

I guess some nutter will try and pump it up to a mobiles.co.uk (vomits in bin) type job on it.

Anyway - lets not pretend - it's just a lump of shit isn't it for this market?

I mean houses dot co dot uk just sounds rough and clunky to me, too many syllables - doesn't roll off the tongue well for a brand - homes do co dot uk much better.

Also, surely only a complete jelly, a foreign immigrant who doesn't understand the English language and doesn't know where they want to live or, the same type of low life pennyless cretin who would search for 'mobiles' would search for houses, so can't see much seo benefit or really hittign the right demographic.. .

..ohh yeah of course so obvious now - houses.co.uk/toxteth

wait..let me unzip my trousers..

toxteth.houses.co.uk

- yipeeee!

p.s just wanted to add incase I sounded a bit negative - I think it its worth 30k because someone will always buy it based on the "dreams" it could be..

Last edited:
Julian I don't think anyone spends 32k on a domain just for it's SEO benefit, domainers seem to forget that businesses have survived for years by using paid for marketing.

Last edited:
I guess some nutter will try and pump it up to a mobiles.co.uk (vomits in bin) type job on it.

Which means what, exactly? :)

Anyway - lets not pretend - it's just a lump of shit isn't it for this market?

I'm really having trouble understanding what exactly you mean, here. It's a domain name. Nothing else. Perhaps you could elaborate? :)

I mean houses dot co dot uk just sounds rough and clunky to me, too many syllables - doesn't roll off the tongue well for a brand - homes do co dot uk much better.

For a company that was involved in house building (e.g. Wimpey, Berkley Homes or Charles Church) and was on an advocacy advertising initiative, houses.co.uk might work quite well. I realise they all have their own brandnames and existing web presences but the generic aspect of this domain name might fit well with a company wishing to concentrate on the fact that they build quality houses, and wanting to draw people in to the web site, before finally revealling who they were at the end.

Also, surely only a complete jelly, a foreign immigrant who doesn't understand the English language and doesn't know where they want to live or, the same type of low life pennyless cretin who would search for 'mobiles' would search for houses, so can't see much seo benefit or really hittign the right demographic.. .

..ohh yeah of course so obvious now - houses.co.uk/toxteth

wait..let me unzip my trousers..

toxteth.houses.co.uk

- yipeeee!

p.s just wanted to add incase I sounded a bit negative - I think it its worth 30k because someone will always buy it based on the "dreams" it could be..

Negative isn't what sprung to my mind. Someone having personal problems at home was. You seem to have been hitting out at things via this forum for quite some time and I can only assume it's because of some kind of personal problem. I don't think Acorn Domains is the best place to deal with those. Whatever it is, I hope you work it out. :cool:

Hey Vincent - will you be my psychiatrist?

It's just the way I see it - i'm just trying to get to truth of this domains usefulness and I just think its 'ok'.

Read between the lines.
Which means what, exactly? :)

I'm really having trouble understanding what exactly you mean, here. It's a domain name. Nothing else. Perhaps you could elaborate? :)

For a company that was involved in house building (e.g. Wimpey, Berkley Homes or Charles Church) and was on an advocacy advertising initiative, houses.co.uk might work quite well. I realise they all have their own brandnames and existing web presences but the generic aspect of this domain name might fit well with a company wishing to concentrate on the fact that they build quality houses, and wanting to draw people in to the web site, before finally revealling who they were at the end.

Negative isn't what sprung to my mind. Someone having personal problems at home was. You seem to have been hitting out at things via this forum for quite some time and I can only assume it's because of some kind of personal problem. I don't think Acorn Domains is the best place to deal with those. Whatever it is, I hope you work it out. :cool:

I would not pay £3,000 for houses.co.uk. As said, it is too generic to monetize, it sounds brut. Even housing.co.uk is better than houses.co.uk.

IMO even house.co.uk would be much better to develop / build a brand around.

Hey Vincent - will you be my psychiatrist?

It's just the way I see it - i'm just trying to get to truth of this domains usefulness and I just think its 'ok'.

Read between the lines.

I think it's fine to give ones opinion about the perceived usefulness and value of a domain name. I think you could have achieved that in a couple of lines, far more elequantly. I'd be surprised if, this morning, you exactly know what you were talking about in your first two lines. :) I also happen to think my suggestion of a potential use is one of the better ones. :cool:

WOW ! some people really do have it in for houses.co.uk don't you :eek:

Well if houses.co.uk isn't worth 3k then we might aswell all give it up because most other domains must be reg fee.

I dont know why people think its not a great domain name, its definately worth more than 32K, and im sure over time, even if left undeveloped will be worth a lot more. I think homes.co.uk wold be a better domain as it sounds nicer, but according to google keywords, over 3 times more people search for 'houses' than 'homes'. Godd luck to the buyer, its a good domain.

I think it’s a superb domain and worth the money it sold for.

Houses intuitively excludes bungalows and flats/apartments, however, a lot of people are (especially in more normal times) looking for a house and wish to look at a number of houses to be able to find a house that they would like to buy.

It does narrow the content/anticipated content down a bit, which could be appealing to people/house hunters who don’t want to bother going through flats and bungalows.

Residential estate agents are on a huge advertising spend roller coaster (to survive and especially to succeed) big money, every week, week in, week out. If they don’t advertise big time, they are market followers. When people give instructions to sell their property, they instruct market leaders.

The price it sold for is peanuts for this business. In average economic times, there is loads of money in residential estate agency and in good times, very serious money, relatively easy money.

Outstanding investment potential, nominal risk, if any.

Outstanding development potential. Probably best realised, by a large, well financed player.

Personally i think the auction house done a poor job of getting the best price for this name as hardly anyone knew it was for sale... you would have had 3 people on acorn alone bidding over the £32K for this name for sure.

I agree with the comments that it doesn't roll of the tongue as nicely as > house.co.uk or property.co.uk... but non the less its still a great name to create a business around and no one you will forget in a hurry, it's a great descriptive name that does exactly what it says on the tin, good buy imo, especially at that price.

with all that said i still prefer my name " property4.com " for branding purposes :OP

Regards,
Barry

Agreed, I was a bit harsh Vince, but I, being poor, have only my dreams. I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly, because you tread on my dreams..

I think it's fine to give ones opinion about the perceived usefulness and value of a domain name. I think you could have achieved that in a couple of lines, far more elequantly. I'd be surprised if, this morning, you exactly know what you were talking about in your first two lines. :) I also happen to think my suggestion of a potential use is one of the better ones. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom