Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

How do for sale prices work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I've read the T&C a few times and can't decide. Most domains for sale ask for offers, but a few state a price. If you offer the stated price is that still an offer, or must they sell at that price?

I believe, in law, advertising something at a certain price is just an 'offer to sell', and you are not bound to sell it to anyone until you both agree to the sale, could be wrong tho, wouldn't be the first time. ;)

Last edited:
I've read the T&C a few times and can't decide. Most domains for sale ask for offers, but a few state a price. If you offer the stated price is that still an offer, or must they sell at that price?

If you offer the asking price, it is merely an offer that the seller may accept or decline. It happens with house sales every day. If you can complete the transaction and obtain an invoice then you have formed a binding agreement.

It's rare to find domains for sale with real world prices. Searches usually bring up acres of "reg fee" chaff, littered with a few good names at "offers" or totally unrealistic prices.

Just my opinion.

So there is no difference between a name listed with a price and one that says 'offers'?

true FC, they can back out at anytime up until the registrant is changed, even after payment they can still withdraw.

your best tactic is to offer below the asking price and work your way up to it. If you offer the asking price straight away, they might get suspicous and raise their price.

Hi FC,

Sorry for not getting back. Yes the price shown is just a guide price. It is more solid than 'Make Offer' as at least you have some idea what people are looking to achieve on the domain. As mentioned when we launched, we will be moving into BIN options where the price will be a fixed option to buy the domain at that price.

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom