Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

How do I drop catch .co.uk domain names?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking into drop catching .co.uk domain names.

Where can you search for dropping domains?
I have seen posts saying "Slots available" - what are they?
I have read I would need a Nominet Account to catch domain names. Is this true?
I also read somewhere it would cost me around £500 to be able to catch .co.uk domain names.

I suppose the first step is searching for dropping domain names. Is this a matter of looking through long lists of expiring domain names?

Where should I start?

Thanks,

Matt.

Public catchers are a good place to start, such as domainview, drop.co.uk, domainjunky etc though expect contested domains to be booked up the second they are suspended.

Domainlore and Domainview offer lists of domains dropping; 7 days for Domainlore and up to 60 days (if you pay) through Domainview (very good pay system).

Slots available are just when private catchers are not chasing anything else that day and offer their services to catch for a fee.

You only need a membership, dac, tag and epp if catching yourself, using a script and server. £500 to catch yourself wouldn't compete to be honest, you'd need to spend more than that to stay competitive.

That should start you off...there is a lot of information already if you search "drop catching"

I understand most of what you wrote. But what do you mean "script and server"?

SERVER:
Do I need my own server? If so what do you recommend? Please provide a link to a server that would do the job. I know you can use your own server to host a website on it but why do you need a server for domain catching? (A web site needs to be online all the time but domineers do not need to host anything, right?)

SCRIPT:
Plus you say "script". What does it do? Why is it needed?

Matt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom