Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

How to find nameserver history of a domain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Is there a tool or method for finding out when a domain changed its nameservers to the present nameservers? In this case, the change of nameservers also resulted in a change of web page, but Google doesn't have a cache for this domain and archive.org won't have the info (if at all) for months and months. I just want to find out approximately when a particular domain started resolving to a new server.

What about the "Last updated" field in the .uk WHOIS? Would a change of nameservers necessarily change the "Last updated" date?

Last edited:
Would a change of nameservers necessarily change the "Last updated" date?

Yes. Any joy using DomainTools.com (whois history)? Being a .uk they may not update regularly.

What about the "Last updated" field in the .uk WHOIS? Would a change of nameservers necessarily change the "Last updated" date?

Yes a nameserver change would update the Last updated shown in the whois output. If you're lucky and it's a recent change (last month or so) my site (http://dnshistory.org/) may have some information although that's only going to give you about a 7 day window.

Chris.

The "Last updated" date gives me the answer and fits with when I last viewed the domain. Thanks for the advice, I've bookmarked those sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

Sponsors

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Sponsors

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Shiny Nuts