Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

How to get a quick transaction with Sedo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have sold my erm 5th domain through sedo, all .co.uk.

Here's some quick tips to get a lightening fast transfer and sale:

1. Immediately after the buyer has agreed to buy your domain (even before the funds go to sedo) email Nominet and get the transfer forms. While the escrow is transfering, you will get the forms at your end.

2. Once Sedo sends you the email with the buyers details on, email them and ask for their TAG or 123-reg account or whatever. (This shows goodwill).

3. Send the papers off to the buyer immediately. Try using registered delivery if you really want to.

4. Communicate with the buyer on a regular basis to keep things moving, and help goodwill. (this might also avoid any buyers trying to back out)

5. I was concerned at first with changing the TAG before they have completed the change of ownership forms, but in reality if it goes tits up, pester Nominet abbout it and they will change the TAG back for you.

6. Keep on at Sedo immediately when the whois changes, to get your cash. I sent 3 emails last time and WAMM money in my account.

Hope that helps some peeps.

BUT, my question is still outstanding - SEDO WHAT DO YOU DO FOR £100???????????

Ratboy,

Thank you very much for your post - there's some good pieces of advice that you have listed here. The most important factor in ensuring a swift transfer is that both parties are quick to respond to the transfer instructions.

I would like to stress again that the .co.uk transfer fee is set according to the amount of paper work and burocracy set by Nominet. Sedo have, on several occasions, and continue to lobby for a more straight forward 'paper free' transfer. As I have said in a previous posting, as soon as the work load involved is cut and the transfer itsself is accelerated then we promise to slash our charges.

I promise to keep you all up to date!

David

I would like to stress again that the .co.uk transfer fee is set according to the amount of paper work and burocracy set by Nominet. Sedo have, on several occasions, and continue to lobby for a more straight forward 'paper free' transfer. As I have said in a previous posting, as soon as the work load involved is cut and the transfer itsself is accelerated then we promise to slash our charges.

I agree there is a lot of paperwork set by Nominet. None of it is actually completed or handled by Sedo....

I like your service don't get me wrong, but it's too expensive. Once a competitor meets your offering and is cheaper i'll probably move. My domains are only worth £200 or so each, which reduces my low return massively.

Regards
Johnny

uk domain sales

one point to remember ,sedo makes it part of the deal , that the BUYER ,pays nominet fee.
You pay sedo comission [ fair ] on sale and thats it ,only stamp to pay for sending paperwork to buyer.....and w..a..i...t.

Lots of paperwork set by Nominet but it is not as if sedo have to do any of the paper pushing as it is done by the seller and the buyer.

Burocracy wise most of the time I end up emailing sedo to say that nominet have updated the registrant details.

Even if one argues that the cost is justified by the time it takes for the transfer to go through some other extensions that i have sold through sedo have taken almost as long to transfer.

As with Ratboy I like your service but it's too expensive and will probably move my domains if a decent competitor comes along.

Maybe it's the less "experienced" .co.uk sellers that cause hassle for Sedo by constantly wanting sedo to hand-hold them through Nominets process.

If I was the Sedo CEO and my staff getting loads of emails from sellers, i might stamp a minimum £100 flat fee on .co.uk sales too.

DJRH said:
Lots of paperwork set by Nominet but it is not as if sedo have to do any of the paper pushing as it is done by the seller and the buyer.

Burocracy wise most of the time I end up emailing sedo to say that nominet have updated the registrant details.

Even if one argues that the cost is justified by the time it takes for the transfer to go through some other extensions that i have sold through sedo have taken almost as long to transfer.

As with Ratboy I like your service but it's too expensive and will probably move my domains if a decent competitor comes along.

Totally agree..All work is done by nominet and seller..Buyer and sedo dont do anything to justify the fees from what i can see. just look at my experience last month ( never again )

What happend there Paul? I have never though about selling via sedo.org.uk ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

Sponsors

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Sponsors

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Shiny Nuts