Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

how to register a company?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My friend is wanting to register an electronics company and wants that who ever provides this service also get them a business bank account on company name.
I have no clue about it so i decided to post it here,Help shall be appreciated.
Thanks

zehrila said:
My friend is wanting to register an electronics company and wants that who ever provides this service also get them a business bank account on company name.
I have no clue about it so i decided to post it here,Help shall be appreciated.
Thanks

Zells

There are loads of companies out there that will open ltd companies and bank accounts for u... usually about 50-100 for ltd if i recall 150 ish with bank account and credit cards

They won't open a bank account for you nowadays. You have to do it yourself, and provide a wealth of documentation due to 'anti-terrorism' laws

Jeewhizz said:
They won't open a bank account for you nowadays. You have to do it yourself, and provide a wealth of documentation due to 'anti-terrorism' laws

If it is a credit issue, they can always ask to open on noncredit bank account or something like that

My accountant set up my Ltd company for me and he handles most things to do with it.

To open a business bank account (I've opened a few in the UK in the last couple of years) you'll probably need
*Certificate of incorporation
*If hasn't just been formed, evidence that it hasn't traded.
*ID for each of the directors - along the lines of that required for a personal bank account, photo id, and something that proves your address.
*You'll need your company secretary to sign the application. ie. If you've got a corporate company secretary you'll have to send the application form off to them.
*You may have to jump through some silly "paper" hoops - like having a board meeting at which you pass a resolution to open the account.

The exact requirements will depend on the Bank.

If you don't want significant credit then it will be a lot easier than if you do, when you'll need business plans, security etc....

As for registering the company - that's quite easy to do yourself, but if you do want a registered office service / company secretary then you may as well go for one of the many online company registration agents. I used http://www.companyregistrations.co.uk/ (Nice relevant domain!) - and they've been fine - they've done everything they said they would quickly and efficiently.

You will have a choice between a pre-registered company (possibly with one that has been in existance for a number of years) and a new one. Opening the bank account will be slightly easier with a new one (no need for evidence it hasn't traded) and is slightly "cleaner".

Opening a bank account at a bank where the directors / signatorys all ready have accounts will be easier - as they have allready established identity - however I would advise against this - just "keeping things separate".

Abbey (Anbussiness.com) do free banking up to certain limits (electronic transactions tend to be unlimited), however their service hasn't been great for me. If you do go for Abbey - make sure you check you're getting an appriopriate card (They'll give a company a Visa Electron!), also you can't do international transfers (online or by phone), and doing them offline appears complex to me.

try

http://www.eacbs.com/

There pretty good, I've used them a few times. They can do everything £150 gets:

Ltd company + Bank Account + Vat Registration + Domain Name+ Website + 0870 Telephone No + Company Seal + Company Register

The website would only be a one pager but thats not what you want them for.

Just to add Abbey are the cheapest Business account, just switched to them

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom