Domain Manage

How to transfer out .co.uk from Godaddy to Nominet

Discussion in 'Nominet Tag Holders' started by admin, Jul 24, 2016.

1. admin Spain

admin Administrator Staff Member

Can anyone advise me on how this is done? I have a .co.uk in my Godaddy account which I'd like to get over to Nominet on my TAG...

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. suggs United Kingdom

suggs Retired Member

4. admin Spain

5. suggs United Kingdom

suggs Retired Member

I managed to do it through the online chat feature to be honest. At godaddy there is no where for you to make changes to the tag your self (that i know of). Only other way would be to do it through nominet but there would be a charge.

• Like Like x 1
  6. admin Spain

Online chat and ticket support were abolished the other year. How do you do it from nominet?

7. Skinner

Skinner Well-Known Member

from nominet it would cost you £10+Vat to do a tag change, same as a transfer.

GoDaddy tell me its because nominet use a non-standard epp, and don't transfer like everyone else so they don't support it.

If you have an account manager (I don't know how many names you have there) you can ask them to do it, thats how I used to do it when they did $1 regs.

8. admin Spain

Godaddy are the registrar. Its not in my Nominet account so I dont see how i can do a tag change..

9. ian

ian Well-Known Member Acorn Supporter

It will be in the domain manager if the associated email address for the domains is the same as that you use with your Nominet account. From there you can transfer as many domains as you like for a single fee to your TAG, might be easier than asking GoDaddy.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Aaron1 United Kingdom

Aaron1 Member

Had an issue sorted at godaddy a few weeks back through online chat.

11. admin Spain

Thanks Ian, that was the key...changed the domains registrant email address at Godaddy and could then see it in Nominet Domain manager...thanks.

12. invincible

invincible Well-Known Member

I used online chat to transfer out two *.uk domain names from them just the other day.

13. invincible

It would have been associated with a Nominet account linked to that email address. Visit Nominet Online Services and request "forgotten password" for an account in relation to that email address and one would have been sent to you by email. :)

Alternatively, as you have already established, change the email address at Godaddy to the email address of the Nominet account you do know the login details of.

It would be useful to have the contents of this thread placed into a FAQ.

14. admin Spain

Yes you are right. its ticket support and email support they abolished. Live chat is open sometimes but is staffed by untrained cheap labour. I'd love to get my names out of there but it would cost thousands in transfer fees.

15. Skinner

If they all use the same email address/registrant name, you can transfer them all (I think the limit is about 300, @invincible may know the exact number) in 1 transfer request.

16. admin Spain

Ah no..the remaining domains at Godaddy are .com and to move them to a better registrar you have to pay a fee for every name.

17. Skinner

Eeek. I feel the pain, I ditched godaddy myself and had to shell out a small fortune.

I emailed/tweeted a few different companies who had solid backgrounds, and told them I had X hundreds of .coms I needed to transfer, can I get a deal on transfer. Name.com gave me a discount code for pretty much £5 a pop, with the dollar so high on the pound currently I suspect you could get even better.

This contact were initiated via twitter :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. invincible

That's the renewal fee which adds an additional year of registration. Wait and do it as renewal dates approach.

• Agree Agree x 1