Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

How to transfer out .co.uk from Godaddy to Nominet

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can anyone advise me on how this is done? I have a .co.uk in my Godaddy account which I'd like to get over to Nominet on my TAG...

I have to PHONE godaddy? :eek:

I managed to do it through the online chat feature to be honest. At godaddy there is no where for you to make changes to the tag your self (that i know of). Only other way would be to do it through nominet but there would be a charge.

Online chat and ticket support were abolished the other year. How do you do it from nominet?

from nominet it would cost you £10+Vat to do a tag change, same as a transfer.

GoDaddy tell me its because nominet use a non-standard epp, and don't transfer like everyone else so they don't support it.

If you have an account manager (I don't know how many names you have there) you can ask them to do it, thats how I used to do it when they did $1 regs.

Godaddy are the registrar. Its not in my Nominet account so I dont see how i can do a tag change..

Godaddy are the registrar. Its not in my Nominet account so I dont see how i can do a tag change..
It will be in the domain manager if the associated email address for the domains is the same as that you use with your Nominet account. From there you can transfer as many domains as you like for a single fee to your TAG, might be easier than asking GoDaddy.

Thanks Ian, that was the key...changed the domains registrant email address at Godaddy and could then see it in Nominet Domain manager...thanks.

I used online chat to transfer out two *.uk domain names from them just the other day.

Yes you are right. its ticket support and email support they abolished. Live chat is open sometimes but is staffed by untrained cheap labour. I'd love to get my names out of there but it would cost thousands in transfer fees.

If they all use the same email address/registrant name, you can transfer them all (I think the limit is about 300, @invincible may know the exact number) in 1 transfer request.

I'd love to get my names out of there but it would cost thousands in transfer fees.

If they all use the same email address/registrant name, you can transfer them all (I think the limit is about 300, @invincible may know the exact number) in 1 transfer request.

Ah no..the remaining domains at Godaddy are .com and to move them to a better registrar you have to pay a fee for every name.

Eeek. I feel the pain, I ditched godaddy myself and had to shell out a small fortune.

I emailed/tweeted a few different companies who had solid backgrounds, and told them I had X hundreds of .coms I needed to transfer, can I get a deal on transfer. Name.com gave me a discount code for pretty much £5 a pop, with the dollar so high on the pound currently I suspect you could get even better.

This contact were initiated via twitter :)

Ah no..the remaining domains at Godaddy are .com and to move them to a better registrar you have to pay a fee for every name.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom