Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

I bought the worst domain name ever! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Is this site about domain trading? I don't know anything about that though the idea sounds interesting. I like to build a site on any domains that I buy but I can't always keep up with my binge buying of names when the urge hits me. With so many potential domain names out there it surprises me that there is a market for names at all. I tend to see domains as a collection of keywords that I want to rank in Google, so before buying a domain, I generally do some investigation into how many hits the words are likely to attract. I have therefore ended up buying my worst domain name: mad-cow-with-foot-and-mouth-disease.com but now that I've sobered up I wonder, eventhough there are a ridiculous number of searches for mad cow disease and foot and mouth disease, what I going to do with it. Maybe I could sell iodine based disinfectants or something. Anyone got any ideas? My best domain name as a brand is probably skydive.uk.com but as a business the best one is probably english-club.org.uk, where I have a business doing private English lessons. In terms of visitors, the most successful is play4gain.co.uk, which gets about 500k unique visitors per year. By the way if anyone wants to advertise on this one, please let me know. I am looking forward to a rich experience on this forum so we may be talking soon. Regards Dave

Hi Dave

Welcome to acorn great introduction and nice to see more developers coming on here
mad-cow-with-foot-and-mouth-disease.com (wow) thats a mouthful

mad-cow-with-foot-and-mouth-disease.com

Yes this could possibly be the worst I've ever seen. And I thought I'd bought some duffers.

SkyDive.co.uk is utterly brilliant on the other hand. Sort of domain you should get on with developing. Great earning potential, real prestige domain that is in fact.

SkyDive.co.uk is utterly brilliant on the other hand. Sort of domain you should get on with developing. Great earning potential, real prestige domain that is in fact.

skydive is a uk.com, not .co.uk... :(

mad-cow-with-foot-and-mouth-disease.com :confused: :lol:

Welcome on board, Dave. How much did you pay for the above name?

Welcome, nice intro lol

I beat you at the worst domain regged with badlyrenderedspaceships.co.uk

It had loads of links from a previous registrant.

I think they use to be a band.

Welcome, nice intro lol

I beat you at the worst domain regged with badlyrenderedspaceships.co.uk

It had loads of links from a previous registrant.

I think they use to be a band.

Although BadlyRenderedSpaceships.co.uk is pretty dire, it fails on account of the fact you at least smile, grin or even chuckle upon first glance. Does sound like some sort of Punk Rock Band also, which means it does have a plausible use.

This however somehow manages to tick off every single box when it comes to truly awful domains.

The meaning repeats itself. It boasts not one but 6 HYPHENS, it has no discernible commercial use, no non commercial use, even if it did it would be at best a 'seasonal' market.

It's debatable if Einstein could retype it accurately off say hearing it off the radio, no entertainment value, it's truly awesomely bad.

It didn't break the bank

Thanks for your messages, you'll be pleased to hear that I only paid a pound for it! :D

apply-for-credit-card-online.co.uk

^^^ That settles it then! :lol!

Does it beat apply-for-credit-card-online.co.uk ? :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom