Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Is it worth trying to sell a domain on ebay ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget to promote your eBay auction on here:
http://www.acorndomains.co.uk/domain-name-auctions.html

As for other auction marketplaces, there's always Sedo, and although Flippa is aimed at selling websites, it does has a section for selling domains. But neither are any good at selling a package of names.

eBid is an alternative to eBay and has an Internet category but no specific domain name category and a quick search didn't pull up any domain names for sale (though plenty of templates with a reg included).

There are three things eBay has going for it:
1) easier to list packages
2) cheaper to list than anywhere else (particularly if it's unlikely to sell quickly)
3) can leverage trust from existing non-domain sales

[While I'm posting... It reads a bit like Julian is addressing me when he slags off the cretinous keyword-stuffed will site. Just to clarify: that site is by an earlier poster.]

Thanks I've posted it on that forum. I've tried Flippa before but got the impression it's mostly an American market, and also more orientated towards domains with sites - which I guess means that's what most of the buyers are after.

I can't imagine there is much 'direct' traffic to any ebay auctions, but at least they have a tried and tested auction format, and as you've said it's cheap. Just a matter of publicising it I suppose which the forum you've linked to does!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom