Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Land Escapes Nottingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I did a website for a mate of mine who's landscape gardening business I help out with in the summer months. It's perhaps my favourate website design so far. Built on Serif Webplus.

The URL is www.landscapersinnottingham.co.uk. Anything you think is crap on there please do not hold back I'm open to all feedback, positive and negative.

I think it's nice and clean and easy to navigate.

I would say the biggest bug bear for me is the use of a @gmail.com email address. You've got a domain, why not have contactus@ and then forward it to the gmail address?!

I have to admit that, despite doing it many times with other hosting accounts, I just cannot get hostgator email forwarding to work.

I've set up so many account where the emails just won't forward. I've been on live support countless times with hostgator and It's never been fixed. I cannot be bothered to try anymore. A lame excuse but it's the truth. A shame really as besides this one problem, hostgator support has been nothing but perfect for the past five years I've been with them.

Just had a quick look.

Site looks good overall, nice and clean.

I would move the logo over to the left a bit and fit in the phone numbers and email at the top.

Not fond of the gmail email either as said above, but hopefully you can work that out.

You should 301 the non www. to the www. version

Also clicking "home" takes you to the /index.html version of the homepage, you should fix that.

The footer links under "more services" are broken, just take you to /#

But overall good job :cool: looks good.

Appreciate the feedback dude. 301ing that stuff was on my list of thigns to do. Just kept forgetting!

I have to admit that, despite doing it many times with other hosting accounts, I just cannot get hostgator email forwarding to work.

I've set up so many account where the emails just won't forward. I've been on live support countless times with hostgator and It's never been fixed. I cannot be bothered to try anymore. A lame excuse but it's the truth. A shame really as besides this one problem, hostgator support has been nothing but perfect for the past five years I've been with them.

You should host it more locally... ;)

Yeah, nice clean and fast loading site. Well done.

But that Gmail looks real bad. Reminds of all the throwaway emails I get from the far east from people wanting to sell me SEO services or crappy domains.

If you are going to persist with Gmail at least get something like:

landescapes @ gmail.com

You should host it more locally... ;)

Any recommendations? I've never had to upgrade hostagtor or pay any more than I do now for any new websites as it's unlimited. Besides the lack of email forwarding their support has been great and I absolutely hate fixing hosting problems.

Any companies that are local, cheap and easy to use that you would recommend?

Yeah, nice clean and fast loading site. Well done.

But that Gmail looks real bad. Reminds of all the throwaway emails I get from the far east from people wanting to sell me SEO services or crappy domains.

If you are going to persist with Gmail at least get something like:

landescapes @ gmail.com

Tried that. They all seemed to be taken. Some quite big american company called land escapes i think.

I will look into fixing this when I get a chance. The feedback has been consistent. Thanks guys

Overall I think the site looks just fine.

If you have that form there I would remove the gmail address on the right, you don't need it. Spambots also look for the mailto: command in source code.

The only suggestion I would have is to utilise that list on the right hand side that says 'our services include'. If those were links that led to pages describing each of those services, which in turn linked back to the home page, it would be even better.

Otherwise I think you've done a good job.

A very attractive and natural-looking web atmosphere for a relevant business. The first point I would like to suggest is turning the iframe off at the top. This technique is not a great way of moderating websites, as some forced sections will be at the top of browsers always, even when the audience scrolls down the page. The other point is about moving the Google+ and Newsletter box from the bottom, to the top of your homepage, where they will become visible instantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom