Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Latest business website

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi,

I've just finished building this letting agent website for the city of Cardiff.

CardiffRentals.co.uk :D

It has auto detect for desktop or mobile and serves a different experience.

Could I ask anyone that has time to review this site please and give me your opinions.

Thanks

Nigel

Just had a quick look on my phone and the first thing that came in to my head was that it needs to be a bit more clear in relation to what you're renting.

I know there's a logo saying 'Cardiff rentals' but at first glance that could be cars, properties etc.

In saying that there is a 'property type' at the very bottom of the page but surely there's a better way of making it more obvious? A small house icon would even help.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I find it difficult to read any site when they use lightish grey text, like in the property descriptions and the "about" page for example, I have to hit the + key 3 times to zoom, just to increase the page/text size to be able to read it properly.

Also here's another thing I spotted while on the mobile site:

If you do a search and let's say go to page 9 by 'next' a good few times. When on a page for a specific house there's a button at the top to go back to search results but when you tap this it brings you all the way back to page 1 (not page 9). Could be quite annoying for people.

Just trying to help :) I like the simplicity of the pages of houses by the way.

Also here's another thing I spotted while on the mobile site:

If you do a search and let's say go to page 9 by 'next' a good few times. When on a page for a specific house there's a button at the top to go back to search results but when you tap this it brings you all the way back to page 1 (not page 9). Could be quite annoying for people.

Just trying to help :) I like the simplicity of the pages of houses by the way.

Updated now :D

I find it difficult to read any site when they use lightish grey text, like in the property descriptions and the "about" page for example, I have to hit the + key 3 times to zoom, just to increase the page/text size to be able to read it properly.

Have updated. :D

Just had a quick look on my phone and the first thing that came in to my head was that it needs to be a bit more clear in relation to what you're renting.

I know there's a logo saying 'Cardiff rentals' but at first glance that could be cars, properties etc.

In saying that there is a 'property type' at the very bottom of the page but surely there's a better way of making it more obvious? A small house icon would even help.

Added picture of a house to mobile logo, I will update with a professional logo sooner rather than later. :D

Just had a quick look there and i noticed on the list of properties, the property title appears to be a link, but its not working.

Looks good, did you use a script or is it a custom build?

Looks good, did you use a script or is it a custom build?

The desktop was a basic template, i then altered it quite a bit(I'm not very good at css)

The mobile is built from scratch using mobile jquery

The mobile/desktop switching code is from a genius friend of mine, he gave it to me about 5 years ago.

I built all the tech stuff myself, mysql, xml parser, zoopla data feed manipulation, rightmove parser (extremely difficult), cron job commands to run the parsers and add them to the database.

A mixture of php, html, mobile jquery, java script, mysql and cron.

:D

Just had a quick look there and i noticed on the list of properties, the property title appears to be a link, but its not working.

Is this on mobile or desktop ?

I really like it. Nice clean and easy to use. What I don't understand is how are you going to monetise it?

The site does look nice and clean but here are some tips:

- Add an anchor link pointing to the details page on the property listing images.
- Make your urls SEO friendly.
- Space out the text in the footer a bit better (on the desktop version), it's far too cluttered.
- The design is so minimal and clean you should consider responsive design, that way no need for switching :)

I will add more tips later..

Thanks,
Dave

I really like it. Nice clean and easy to use. What I don't understand is how are you going to monetise it?

Now I can't let THAT cat out of the bag :D:cool:

Can I ask what you are trying to achieve with this site?

It is just a copy of Zoopla and I couldn't find a single bit of unique content on the site?

Every property has one image?

Why would someone use your site instead of Zoopla or any other property website which has full details, several images and a working contact button via which I can contact an agent?

Is this another attempt to building an easy website? I remember a thread from you on Performancein recently where you had built a voucher website which was basically a scraper and also didn't have any added value.

You clearly know how to code as the site looks good and so did the site on Performancein but wouldn't it be a better idea to use your coding skills on a proper site instead of something which copies/scrapes content from other sites?

The days of copying content and not adding any value are over (unfortunately).

Not trying to kick you in the balls but it's just genuine feedback.

Can I ask what you are trying to achieve with this site?

It is just a copy of Zoopla and I couldn't find a single bit of unique content on the site?

Every property has one image?

Why would someone use your site instead of Zoopla or any other property website which has full details, several images and a working contact button via which I can contact an agent?

Is this another attempt to building an easy website? I remember a thread from you on Performancein recently where you had built a voucher website which was basically a scraper and also didn't have any added value.

You clearly know how to code as the site looks good and so did the site on Performancein but wouldn't it be a better idea to use your coding skills on a proper site instead of something which copies/scrapes content from other sites?

The days of copying content and not adding any value are over (unfortunately).

Not trying to kick you in the balls but it's just genuine feedback.

Hi,

I have quite a good business plan for this site. (Sorry I cant reveal how I'm monitising this site)

Yes, the data is from zoopla and rightmove, I'm not looking to create unique content, the content is supplied from letting agents in Cardiff.

Zoopla only supply one image on their api, rightmove supply up to twenty.

Not ready to reveal why at the moment. :cool:

Sorry I've never been on Performancein, have never come across this, must be confusing me with somebody else.

I dont copy or scrape(something a bit seedy about scraping) I use an api.

Its not a kick in the balls, its good to have constructive feed back.

Cheers

Out of interest why did you use mobile auto detect instead of simply building a fully responsive site that would adapt to any device?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom