Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Legs (co uk)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must be joking right ?

Sell it to Stella Mcartney lol

Good luck 8)

I heard that Heather Mills is after leg.co.uk !!

I'm sure legs.co.uk ha value to someone, but I think I'm with others here, in the £XXX range.

This is intriguing. Can't imagine why people are trying to put this domain down ( Legs.co.uk).

Sorry, didn't mean for it to come across as me "putting it down"

Dreams.co.uk was sold to the already well established Beds company Dreams, so therefore was going to have a good payday for someone.

I also seem to remember that dreams.co.uk was getting a large amount of direct type-ins as a result of dreamsplc.co.uk (or similiar) being their companies websites

If Dreams wasn't an established brand then I doubt very much it would have reached anywhere near the £25k mark.

Dreams would have still been worth more than legs.co.uk as if dreams (the bed company) did not exist, it could be a website interrupting what various dreams meant - there is a big market for this and the number 2 and 3 position on google are held by sites of this nature.

Legs.co.uk is worlds apart in comparison to dreams.co.uk - there is 1 ppc ad for legs and that is for a russian dating website. The other results are made up of "pictures of legs" type website and A N Other sites - there is no definitive meaning for the word. 33,100 exact searches a month, and I am guessing the majority of them will be for youngsters / pervs looking for pictures of legs.

Even if you check companies house, you can count the number of obvious end users on 1 / 2 fingers

Agreed it is a brandable name for the right person, but comparing it to dreams.co.uk is ludicrous and will fill the original poster with false price expectations for the name.

It is a trophy name which is just like 1000's of other domain names that look good on paper, but in the real world - how do you actually make good money for it ?

Someone MAY want it, but for the prices you are quoting I think it won't be this side of the 21st century.

Even legs.com / .net /.org are parked :)

We all share different views on this one, I think the owner of legs.co.uk will be happy that on this occasion I am right. And if a big player wanted it he would be even happier.

Arrogance is an ugly trait.

Not trying to put the name down, the guy asked for an appraisal in the thread. Legs and dreams are like chalk and cheese, quite random really. It "could" get a big sale but so could 5 million other random names.

Then advising anyone not to develop a name is pretty crazy imo, never heard that one before.

Not trying to put the name down, the guy asked for an appraisal in the thread. Legs and dreams are like chalk and cheese, quite random really. It "could" get a big sale but so could 5 million other random names.

Then advising anyone not to develop a name is pretty crazy imo, never heard that one before.
Spot on post. Dreams and legs .co.uk are worlds apart in terms of quality and established brands.

I think the assessments made here are accurate, feel free to get a paid appraisal from sedo and see what they'll be able to potentially sell the domain for.

I try to avoid personal attacks, perhaps you could aswell, we are talking about the name value not the people giving there views,thanks.

This is not a random name this is a specific name and there are certainly not 5 million like it. I said he did not necessarily need to develop the name to make it valuable, I did not tell him not to develop the name. Rob if you feel compelled to attack my views on a personal level please try to be factual.

Now now ladies.

IF you get the right buyer it will go high, I have seen some horrid names go sky high, but by the same token I have seen amazing names go for pennies because the right buyers was unaware, or not liquid enough at that time.

The odds are in favour or a lower value sale due to the right buyers group being smaller than the "flippers" group, so if your in a hurry (say next 12 months) the XXX gang are likely to be right. If you however have the time to sit back and chill out, then the XXXX gang maybe right. I do question XX,XXX somewhat tho, as in my view it would need 2 people with fat wallet who both happen to want it at the same time to push it here and that's on odds unlikely.

I'd say join some of the aff programs start getting nice rankings on stockings, tights, etc and make some of the bigger websites notice you, pitt them and roll to the bank.

No need to develop it, hang on to it, end user price at least low £xx,xxx
and a good holding page to attract a buyer.

Then

I said he did not necessarily need to develop the name to make it valuable, I did not tell him not to develop the name.

Rob..... try to be factual.

Hmmm, there's a fishy smell in here ;)

For the record, I'd peg this name in the £xxx band as well, but it could go for more. I'd be interested to hear what the OP bought it for amidst all this tussling over price.

Then

Hmmm, there's a fishy smell in here ;)

For the record, I'd peg this name in the £xxx band as well, but it could go for more. I'd be interested to hear what the OP bought it for amidst all this tussling over price.

I can see where your coming from but I don't know the seller or the person he got it from, never looked at the name before and theres no hidden agenda on my part whatsoever. I just think it's an absolute cracker, can't help having my views no personallities creep into my business I just view the subject matter.

I can see where your coming from but I don't know the seller or the person he got it from, never looked at the name before and theres no hidden agenda on my part whatsoever. I just think it's an absolute cracker, can't help having my views no personallities creep into my business I just view the subject matter.

What would you pay for it?

How do you base your low £xx,xxx value may I ask?
I'm curious to hear your thoughts on it.

I agree this could be achieved with development but without it I'm unconvinced I'm afraid. Happy to be proved wrong though.

What would you pay for it?

Hi rob

I never view a value on what I would pay for it, that restricts your imagination. I view a value on potential markets, industry size, history and durability of product,content of name and what a motivated buyer would pay.
By the way I never said this name was worth as much as dreams it was merely an observation, I said I think this is a low xx,xxx minimum name.

I guess the advantage with legs if you go the clothing route is its everything from trousers, to stockings, to shoes with mass cross selling potential or easy to concentrate on a single market.

The end user I would attempt to hit isn't in the clothing sector, that was just the obvious target.

look through my posts, over 1000 and i doubt there is a personal attack in them. I just find that someone saying their opinion is "right in this instance" is incredibly arrogant. Perhaps you can show more humility in future posts. Then again, i doubt it.

As for your valuation, im sure Sedo are always looking for skilled people to work on their appraisals team, your knowledge obviously superseeds all the others in this post.

look through my posts, over 1000 and i doubt there is a personal attack in them. I just find that someone saying their opinion is "right in this instance" is incredibly arrogant. Perhaps you can show more humility in future posts. Then again, i doubt it.

As for your valuation, im sure Sedo are always looking for skilled people to work on their appraisals team, your knowledge obviously superseeds all the others in this post.

Again this is a personal attack on me, I don't know why and I'm not going to retort with like for like. I have said before if you don't like my views ignore them that's your prerogotive making personal attacks is not.

In Feb I offered £xxx and was countered with £30k & then £28k
Personally I think £500-£1500 would be a good price to pay, not worth a great deal more than that undeveloped.

How do you base your low £xx,xxx value may I ask?
I'm curious to hear your thoughts on it.

I agree this could be achieved with development but without it I'm unconvinced I'm afraid. Happy to be proved wrong though.

Hi thanks for asking. In the interests of perspective I have just listed a few reported sales of co.uk's below that made the double figures club. The bottom list are of domains that have obvious value though some went for more than you would reasonably imagine.
The top list are of names that I would put Legs co uk into and I don't think anyone would be surprised if a motivated end user got it into this club. These domains were all bought for different reasons some because they can be simply monetized, some for branding and so on, each name had one thing in common a motivated buyer that seen something in the name.

glow.co.uk £20,010
underdog.co.uk £15,000
designer.co.uk £76,300
golfcourses.co.uk £11,500
ggg.co.uk £17,700
kgb.co.uk £18,000
rent.co.uk £65,000
payment.co.uk £20,000
businessnetwork.co.uk £21,500
flirting.co.uk 18,000 euros

Giftideas.co.uk $37,950
legaljobs.co.uk £20,000
freecreditreport.co.uk $300,000
cruises.co.uk £560,000
phones.co.uk £175,000
4x4.co.uk £38,500

I would pay £500 and turn it into a walking products site, would cost a bit to market this domain as it does'nt have much generic value.

I owned smelling.co.uk and this isn't much better, i sold mine for cheap.

I think this domain might be more suited for the adult market (fetish type?). I can’t really imagine what people search for if they type “legs”. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

Sponsors

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Sponsors

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Shiny Nuts