Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

lets see shall we....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
For the month of november, Ive had 150+ doms with sedopro, some with healthy traffic some with none at all.
For december, I'm moving the lot to ND as a comparison.

Lets see who has the highest average payout per click. Who's templates generate the most click through.

I have one domain which is a typo and one of the sponsored links shown is the true domain, which invariably gets clicked (currently about 50% CTR). In theory, I should be able to compare clicks on identical links to see who pushes the most onto the domain owner.

Hi Pendragon,

I'm obviously delighted to hear that you're going to give us a test. If you'd like a hand setting up the domains, we'd be happy to help out.
As far as a direct comparison is compared, unfortunately, it won't be quite that easy. People have been comparing ND and Sedo for over a year now and it seems that some domains perform better on both programs. This has various roots at its cause:
Different payout structure: We are the only major PPC provider who pays depending on exactly what Google pay us each day. Sedo and others pay on a more arbitary basis dependent on 'historical data'.
Seasonal variations: November and December are strong months, but December 25th is generally accepted to be the lowest-PPC day in the year. Added to the fact that PPC prices with Google change on a minute-by-minute basis, a direct comparison is not possible within one parking company month to month, let alone between different companies.
Stats: Different parking companies count clicks in different ways. I've seen CTR on high traffic domains wax and wane on Sedo accounts whereas it generally stays constant on ND. High traffic domains are normally good indicators and have steady traffic behaviour, however, with lower CTR but the same earnings, PPC goes "up", despite the fact that the earnings don't. I always urge people to look above all other factors other than Earnings. PPC, CTR, Views, Clicks etc are redundant as each company counts them differently. If you earn more, you earn more.
There are a bunch of other factors that come into play, but in general, you will hopefully find that a good deal of your portfolio will perform better on ND and the service is up to scratch which goes above simple PPC prices.

I very much look forward to your test. Feel free to contact me at [email protected] if you have any questions about getting everything set up correctly.

Ed

Thanks Ed.

Many of my domains are .co.uk's but figures are shown in US$. With the dollar in apparent free fall at the moment, are UK domainers going to witness a comparative drop in converted revenues?

Hi PD,

Google pays all its partners in GoogleDollars, so our payouts only reflect exactly what is shown to us by them. Sadly, there's not much we can do if Bush decides to fiddle with the dollar because he's annoyed about his pasting in the polls.
Payment in a different currency has been discussed a couple of times on AD, but we will have to pay out in the currency in which we are paid until this changes. Hopefully, it would not have too much affect on your overall earnings.

Ed

after the last couple of months being a sedo disaster in comparison to ND
i'm planning a more permanent move!
:D

well so far I've moved 50 domains over (and sedo have already removed my 'pro' bonus!!). After the first week, I can report the following observations...

Sedo in all november Ave PPC = €0.17 = 11p and a CTR of 6.5%

ND so far in december Ave PPC = 7p CTR 27.5% !!!

you have to include the final rev figures because sedo will probably be counting all the spam robots that namedrive have excluded in those figures, so namedrive will show higher CTR.

ave revenue per day is probably the short term measure.

-aqls-

Hi PD. I hope that the 4x increase in CTR makes up for the 1/3 decrease in PPC. Even with the US hellbent on making the dollar as devalued as the Lira.
As I said, let us know if you'd like any help looking at the portfolio. Having said that, the 26% CTR shows that you have obviously optimized them pretty well :)

Much as the figures look good on paper, the only one that really counts is earnings and I hope you are seeing an upturn in those too.

Charlie - Any time :)

Ed

P.S. Pah, aqls beat me to it. Must have been posting at the same time. Revenue is the be all and end all, really.

just thought I'd quickly feed back on this thread......

sedo november....

Ave PPC = €0.17 = 11p and a CTR of 6.5%

namedrive december

Ave PPC = 8p, CTR = 23.96%

Actual earnings were up about 15%, page views dropped but clicks were higher.

just thought I'd quickly feed back on this thread......

sedo november....

Ave PPC = €0.17 = 11p and a CTR of 6.5%

namedrive december

Ave PPC = 8p, CTR = 23.96%

Actual earnings were up about 15%, page views dropped but clicks were higher.

Did you have exactly the same names on as in November? If so that looks to be an impressive performance as December is generally a much poorer month than November. Also were you using SedoPro?

Thanks
Stephen.

yes, same names ( fewer in total if i'm honest), and yes, it was sedopro

The difference in click through is quite interesting.

Very difficult to compare this kind of data over any period.

I agree with BFTUK. It is interesting that the CTR is so different. At the end of the day, it is frustrating to compare parking companies as there is only one thing that matters at the end of the day and that is earnings. All the other factors are essentially fuzz, it's what we pay you at the end of the day that is most important and, to that end, I'm delighted that the test was a success - particularly in December which is a bit of a dog of a month as far as earnings are concerned.
I hope the trend to better earnings continues in January and you all have a great 2007.

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom