Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Listing domain on Afternic or Dan?

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering if I list a domain on Afternic or Dan I take it the domain will then be submitted to the distribution network is that correct?

In our dan account all our 'buy now' domains are showing as listed on afternic. Looking at afternic I can't see that they are listing any of our .co.uk or .uk domains prominently so doubt that many sales will come via them. If any dan users on acorn have made any afternic sales would be interested to know about this. I did look at godaddy and they are showing our .co.uk domains prominently (priced in pounds - converted by them from dollars) but none of our .uk domains are showing (unless you type in .uk). All our domains on dan that don't have a 'buy now' price are shown as 'not listed' on afternic so it seems if you don't want your domains listed on their network then dispense with the 'buy now' price.

So to clarify if I list my domain on Afternic with a bin price my domain will be listed across the distribution network?

I am asking as I have started to take my domains away from Dan, and move over to Sedo landers instead.

I’ve just sold a .co.uk thru Afternic - I had it listed on Dan with a £999 BIN price - and they’d listed it with the dollar conversion at $1273.

I’d changed the nameservers away from Dan as I’d placed it on @Paullas DomainUI platform - and just hadn’t got around to deleting it if Dan - pleasant surprise :)
- as soon as I receive the cash, I’ll find out what ridiculous commission they’ve taken :eek:

Congrats on the sale yes v annoying that they convert over to $.

I believe it’s 25% commission that Afternic will take? The greedy swines.

I have increased my pricing on this platform, and reduced on Sedo as they charge 10% if you list with bin.

Reactions: m4c

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom