Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

LIVE domain registration - Registrars ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello,

does anybody know of a good/reliable and cheap Live registration - registrar for co.uk domains?? With cheap, I mean cheaper then enom with $44 per year for example :D

I'm currently with 1&1 and godaddy, but both take ages (couple of hours) to actually go ahead and register my domains etc.. So I was looking for a registrar that does live registrations within seconds/minutes, rather then hours incase a good domain becomes available, with 1&1 I would not stand a single chance. Snapping such as snapnames.com etc.. are not my cup of tea, I dont want to bloody auction the domain i'm after. :cool:

I found Soho-uk.com and LowcostNames.co.uk , both say they do live registrations (domain registered just minutes after), but have not heard of them before so I'm skeptical. Could you guys tell me if those registrats are reliable and/or tell me a couple more registrars that do live registration??

And lastly, before I open a new topic about it, can anyone recommend domain watcher from 123-reg?? I know they don't auction the domain afterwards, but again, I'm skeptical as they don't provide info's what so ever nor do they even send me a confirmed email for my "watched domain".

Cheers,

cap

UKReg.com or heart internet are both pretty much instant. Dont even bother with the 123reg domain watcher service, I have never known of anyone actually getting a domain using this? You're best bet is to book a slot at dropcatcher.co.uk but if the domain you're after is a good one you will have very little chance with any public catching service I'm afraid.

Grant

In general any company Pipex touches turns to s**t. I would stay well away from 123reg, WebFusion, Donhosts, etc...

UKReg.com or heart internet are both pretty much instant. Dont even bother with the 123reg domain watcher service, I have never known of anyone actually getting a domain using this? You're best bet is to book a slot at dropcatcher.co.uk but if the domain you're after is a good one you will have very little chance with any public catching service I'm afraid.

Grant

the domain I'm after is indeed a really good one (IMO) about to expire soon, however dropcatcher has no slot booked for it yet but domainrecover has. So you would suggest using a private dropcatcher? I just read here on the forum that 123reg check like 3 times a day only, so they are pretty much worthless. Will send a money-back request now to 123reg. ;)

Well are private dropcatchers really expensive then? I saw your name mentioned in another post too, that you do private dropcatching?

I have sent you a PM.

Thanks @ everybody else, will check out the registrats you posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom