Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Local Coupon site review / testing / T&C please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Had this domain and partly built site over a year now and have finally got a fully working version - along with a CRM for business intergration to verify deals with customers with a validation process etc.

HullCoupons.co.uk

If you can sign up login, buy the offer thats 1p and just give it a bash - feed back would be welcome please.

Their still is a few things to fine tune and I'm using PayPal for now but barring T&C it's ready to roll. :D

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I've split the review into two sections: Good & Bad bit's that I can see:

Good bits:

Design looks fantastic. Good use of colour's and white space.

Item pages look great, also use good colours, white space.

Nice text, invites me to read on, you keep the description short where it need's to be, but text long when it needs to be explanatory.

The carosel is real nice & smooth - I like how the text comes up after you get the chance to look at the image.

Bad Bit's:
"Not Created a Hull Coupons Account, Create an Account Now" - Seem's a bit too pushy. A question mark in the place of the comma and the word "then" would make it much more similar and "normal" to other similar demands. If someone tells me to create a account, I have less want to then if someone offers me to.

Site loading times are terrible...
Not sure if it's on my side, or if it's one off, etc, etc, but the site loading time took (and trying again now, is-- ) taking forever.

The text on image background on the right menu - I know you've made it so they contrast a bit using white blurring, but it looks unprofessional and like something from a magazine. I stick to one colour text (or one with a text-border, like on the images - that helps ease it to) on one different, contrasting colour background. This work's really well to make things clear - your buttons look a little messy in my opinion, and that, combined with the fact they are on the right side of the site (where users typically look less), means that users see the left side, top side before the right side. It seem's to look scattered and un clear to me.

Just what I can see.

Sam

Thanks for the feedback and have made a few changes.

Agree about the side graphics and will update once filled out with deals in each of the sections.

Load times do vary and are slow some times. Hosting is with HEART shared reseller package and will move to a virtual server if needed and pays off.

The menu to the right I think will be ok and will just monitor it's layout.

Just to say that Marcoose has LondonCoupons.co.uk which you might be interested in buying off him to go with this?

Thanks but......

Ideally need local face to face meetings and local knowledge for this type of setup i'm doing.

I do have a few more with local towns.

On that it wouldn't be ideal but agreed, a nice one to own.
Just to say that Marcoose has LondonCoupons.co.uk which you might be interested in buying off him to go with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom