Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

London Olympics 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like some, I thought the opening ceremony was great, as was the Olympics itself but, the closing ceremony was definitely piss poor.

I didn't know half of the people singing, who was the black woman singing twice near the beginning? Ed Shearan, heard his name once before, I think but, didn't know who he was, Russell Brand singing, what the feck was that sh!te about. Some other bloke singing, I thought he looked like some drunk at a karaoke, still no idea who he was, thought it was Ray Winston at first from a distance.

A few other I can't remember and don't know who they were, and with all the great British bands/songs, why did they have to repeat several songs a couple of times, no fecking vision in that ceremony, and not a bit like the celebration of 50 years of British music that it was supposed to be.

bKCUN.gif

I missed the closing ceremony and half of our medals because of the crappy coverage out here. The two ESPN channels I get showed A LOT of table tennis, volleyball and badminton and not a lot else! From what I saw though the country should be proud on so many levels for what it achieved with the games. First and foremost, there was no terrorism and secondly, Team GB did a fantastic job in winning all those medals. I am sure the London 2012 legacy will last for so many years an inspire a generation of future athletes to get out there and train. If only I was 15-20 year younger. I know it would have inspired me.

They should've finished off with an hour of Peter Kaye telling jokes while Jessie J strutted round the stadium...not singing, just walking - perfect!

Olympics were fantastic and brilliant result for team GB. Closing ceremony.. Best of British??? Not from where I stand... But then i'm not your average pop music fan so....

Lets say the best bits were from dead performers... the Lennon imagine piece at the start and Freddie playing the crowd!

Loved how the athletes got kettled at the start... looks like the police got involved after all!

Keiser Cheifs doing tommy.. why not ruby!
Russell Brand doing the beatles... wtf!
Sheehan doing whatever... zoned out at that point!

The opening ceremony was pure Danny Boyle, the closing ceremony was more Frankie Boyle & Susan Boyle. Now it would have been funny to see her shot out of a canon!

Didn't translate to screen at all well and was an hour too long... the graphics though were excellent.

Not a patch on the opening ceremony, but all in all the whole olympic experience has been great. The athletes and volunteers did us proud.

I guess I must be showing my age by actually enjoying the closing party. it was never going to have the £7,000,000 spent on it that the opening ceremony did. (apart from the firework budget probably being the same).

I think the problem lays in the use of the term "Closing Ceremony" To my mind the closing of the Olympics is (and should be) a Party.

Of course your going to take the opportunity to get in as much 'self-promotion' as possible, So your going to want to' reasonate' as much as possible with Western nations and on a limited budget (agree 3 hours is too-long though)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom