Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Making a Domain earn £1 a week

Paullas

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all

I was wondering how easy/hard is it to make 1 domain name earn just £1 a week.

I would like to hear on other members ways of making there domains earn.

comments, ideas sugestions welcome.

You can over averages, not specifically a week but it's a nice challenge and doable for some obviously.

I've set myself similar changes in the past, going for an average income per day averaged over a month has been one of my targets, well an average income per day over a month without doing any work - something we'd all like to achieve eh?

This is something i keep thinking about Paullas and in theory it should'nt be too hard, particularly if the domain in question has some existing type in traffic.

Obviously it depends on the name and the target phrase or audience.

To do it for 1 domain is easy to replicate that across 100 domain is obviously less so.

To do it for 1 site, you want to setup a simple site, wordpress is a good and easy to use base, add adsense, add unique and related content (each article targetting a different keyword / phrase), build links.

To do this on a larger scale its likely you'd want to setup some kind of hub site, so you build loads of link to the hub and then link out to the individual domains...

£1 a week?

Using Adsense and a bit of content borrowed from Wikipedia you cannot fail to make £1 a week! - But, the site must have natural traffic beforehand.

Id be gutted if my -content- domains were only making £1 a week!

i know it doesnt sound much...

but its not that easy, imho

especialy if you are expecting to earn that on every domain in your
portfolio.

i certianly wish i could.. and if i could push that to £2 per week per domain,
i'd give up my day job!

that's the challenge, to make EVERY domain in your portfolio an earner without spending your life stuck to a keyboard.

Since building my portfolio I have let go some "OK" sounding names that just didn't earn anything....and it's always a bit un-nerving to seem them caught on the drop - one will sell one of these days and I will kick myself.

yes i know it sounds easy :) but it would be nice to see what domains people have developed ( post your domains here :) ) and how they went about it and then other members can see how others are doing it then maybe we all can exchange ideas/suggestions etc

Just an idea........

www.buyingfirsttime.co.uk - Developed and sold for £2500

http://aboutdorset.co.uk - Currently being developed

http://www.printerink.org.uk - Experimenting with a ready built affiliate script, meeting your £1 a week target within a month of beginning the site, mainly due to high adsense keyword.

http://www.greyhoundracing.org.uk - In development

Several others in the pipeline, some of my best earners are trademarked / typo names with simple single page of content, but i'm not going to post those here!

It's a lot easier to make one domain earn £500 per week than it is to make 100 domains each earn £5 week.

The multiple domain approach seems a good one in theory however once you start doing this you realise that your time is being absorbed in the maintainance of the domains (mail, server setup, template setup etc) and not on the revenue generation.

It's a much better (requiring discipline) approach to build one site, promote it and then move on to the next. After twelve months you should have three sites all earning a few hundred a month. At the end of year two you are close to giving up the day job.

Of course I generalise and I haven't visited here in a while and there are sure to be peeps saying they can do it in 24 hours or shorter time frame.

People who have huge domain portfolios make their money from some nice type in traffic in the main. Simply owning domain names does not neccessarily give you the traffic to work with.

Build the site and then spend all your time submitting to the free directories. Here's a good start list http://info.vilesilencer.com

making a £1. a day

Maybe I will show you guys how to make an average £1.00 a day on names
I would love to have showed you how to do it but was only a speaker on a panel at domainchanel if i had same time as mark with army.com i could have told you how to manage it

if you want more info on this its not a problem
il only be to willing to help

aka domainscot

I dont see the point of having of shed load of domains earning a pound a day.. better to have 1 making £100,000 per month. Even the army guy would probs agree.

One website earning £100k can be a lot of work depending on how it is setup, once setup 50-100 mini sites can mean zero management.

I have a site that earns $500 per month with zero effort and another that earns $200 per month that takes at least 30 minutes per day another that earns 6 figures that takes 60 minutes a day. Good mini sites offer the lifestyle as well as the income.

Last edited:
how to set up 200 domains....right now there parked

seams like a ton of work but would like to know how much money is being left on the table by not building them up

any input would be appreciated

thanks

One website earning £100k can be a lot of work depending on how it is setup, once setup 50-100 mini sites can mean zero management.

I have a site that earns $500 per month with zero effort and another that earns $200 per month that takes at least 30 minutes per day another that earns 6 figures that takes 60 minutes a day. Good mini sites offer the lifestyle as well as the income.

can you share these sites please as examples would benefit the members....

Paullas

Sji2671 (aka Scott) is one of the brains behind www.selfmademinds.com that i posted about earlier...........

I did'nt know he was a member here too!

£1.00 a day

Aquanuke

I agree with you with regards mark ie Army.com
But also most domainers have more that 1 name like yourself some have hundreds and thousands of names and yes how do you manage that kind of problem.

Doing development ovet the last 6 years building websites for customers
my own domain portfolio was stagnent.

Parking my names with diffrent companys and waiting on the small amount of £ to come to me did not cover my Reg fee on the names.

I then began to develop my names building sites for them and over the years
now just getting the angle on this.
sample of this and im not afraid to tell you this as dont hide what i do.
birminghamdentists.co.uk not a great name worth about say £200 to £300 if was lucky to sell it. just for the name.
but will post my stats for last month
594 69 11.62% US$85.12 US$50.56

Now when this was parked it did not earn anything for 6 months
now i can show you more with same pattern.

I have just about finished www.localretailing.com about 300 shopping sites all working from the one control all automatic and needs no checking apart from quick glance to make shure its working.

same time most of those sites with out SEO are on front page of google and other major search engines.

and we are just about to go live with Kellco feed and our own advertisers.
I could go
on and on but this system is fine for me and i know how works but would not suit everyone and if anyone needs help im willing to pass on what i know
free of charge
if we share our info and skills the UK industry will take of and maybe all those parttimers might be able to go full time

Thanking you
aka domainscot

I'm everywhere Ash :) I like nice domains for my mini sites so if I ever sell them they will all be worth £1000 + at some point, well that's the plan.

Paullas I think the best earning mini sites have a hook, ie a single page site with a calculator or tool on it that's free for people to use like Tattoo Fonts That's a mini site that earned $235.42 last month and takes zero maintenance, I have not done anything to that site for many many months now but took a little effort at the start to find someone to write the script for me for free.

Scripts can be created for tools very cheaply & easily, the font site was free and only cost me the price of a domain name. Basic information mini sites make less but add to the pot. Weapons was put up the other day with zero type in traffic and made $1.22 yesterday from 7 search engine visitors because I have a unique essay/text on that one page mini site, that will improve in time.

Last edited:
cheers all. I think it is good for members to share ideas and different ways to build sites for there domains.

Please keep example sites coming :)

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom