Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Manually catching a domain ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
im in a bit of a problem, yesterday i was going to use domaincatcher to get a domain i really really want. i've been checking it since i got creative and randomly thought it up, i just checked anyway to see a) if it was registered and b) if was due for renewal which it was and i've seen that someone has beaten me to domaincatcher which was extremly upsetting to see.

so if there is someone that could help my situation, or help me catch it manually or recommend another service other than domaincatcher then post back :rolleyes:

i'd be willing to share the parking revenue of the domain to whomever catches it for the first month. and im pretty sure its high ranking. but to beat domaincatcher you would need to be lightening fast from what i hear.

:)

Whos domaincatcher?

is it actually possible to beat dropcatcher, how often does the system check ? i understand that nominet cap the amount of times suscribers can access the data?

Ive beat drop catcher everytime ive booked and also tried to catch with my own script.

I would say that a private catcher would have more chance as he can limit himself to a few names.

If you want me to try and catch your domain send me a PM. My DAC is out of action for the next couple of days though.

I've only got one domain on my dac for the next 3 days so email me and I'll add it to my system for you.

john . at . nsnoc . com

Sorry for my stupidity, but what does the dac enable you to do ?

Do you need a script to run it ?

i was going to ask if it was possible to know the time the domain gets dropped ? im gathering thats what you do with the dac ....

I think the registrar where the domain is held also gets a cut of the final auction price so i'm sure the idea of CLS was a popular one.

To be honest in the grand scheme of things nothing in .com has really changed, just the auctions are held in a different place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

Sponsors

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Sponsors

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Shiny Nuts