Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

MMAForum.co.uk & MMANews.co.uk - Mixed Martial Arts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm putting the feelers out on this pair of sites as I have too many other things on at the moment.

The forum has some great SERPs and traffic. It generated around £300 per month from various banner ads back in 2009 when launched with very little effort (around 20 phones calls). I regularly receive emails from businesses and promoters looking to advertise or offering free press tickets etc, but don't have the time to manage it.

The news website needs a lot more content and was put up to build some age with a view to getting some journalists/writers on-board, but I never got around to this. I think this site has a lot of potential and with a little TLC and direction it could generate a very tidy sum from advertisers.

For those that don't know, MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) is the fastest growing sport in the world.

Looking for realistic offers in the £x,xxx region. Please PM if interested.

Thanks

The forum receives around 5,000 uniques and 200,00 page views per month. The news site is considerably less as it hasn't been fully developed.

Assume no revenue at present.

Thanks

Ref the forum is it a custom template?

Also, how many threads/posts a day and how many new members?

I've had a quick look and there seems to be alot of spam posts. Are there any moderators that help run the site?

Hi Mally,

Yes it's a custom designed theme.

It was launched in early 2009 and I managed it for the first couple of months, then passed moderation over to a couple of the more active members and other things took priority for me. It did get hit by some spammers in 2010 due to a VB exploit which we cleared up but there is probably still a few bits still on there.

16,000+ members, 2,500+ active members.

Thanks

16,000+ members, 2,500+ active members.

Thanks

I know the stats say 2,500 active members but is there anyone actually posting? When I looked yesterday the last post in every section of the forum was either 2009 or 2010

I think the active members refers to members who have made at least 1 post. It doesn't look like there has been much activity this year but that is down to the forum needing a general spring clean/update - I literally haven't touched it in the last 12 months.

It is a fantastic lifestyle website/business for any MMA fan. I was going all over the country during the first 6-12 months to watch various UK based events, usually receiving 2-4 tickets in either the press or VIP areas. I receive lots of emails from media agencies offering us tickets to press conferences and exclusive events, plus game developers asking me to test new xbox games and post reviews etc. There are some good perks if you like the sport and can dedicate some time to it, along with the income from advertisers.

I'm not looking to sell it for peanuts as I know what it could generate a decent income with a little TLC and attention, especially the news site. If the right offer comes in I'll sell, if not I'm happy to hold on to it.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom