Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Mobile Design for monetisation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am seeing from my web stats that more and more traffic coming to my sites is from mobile devices plus iPads.

What are you doing to cater for designing a mobile version of your sites and then monetisation in this layout?

I just tend to install the WPtouch plugin for Wordpress which automatically transforms your WordPress website into an application-like theme but I have not checked if the Adsense or other ads I have still render correctly.

Admin

Sounds like a good excuse to justify a new tablet for business purposes!

When I finish a site, I always check to see what it looks like on most devices...

Only the simplest sites work with the automatic plugins so I usually buy a themeforest mobile theme just for mobile devices.

I find that creating an alternative site (m.domain.co.uk) and re-directing mobile traffic using wordpress mobile pack or similar works best.

Studiopress have been gradually migrating their themes to 'mobile responsive'. These use the @media css commands to change certain layouts depending on the window size, and floats within containers eg. header.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom