Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

MobilePhones.co.uk - 91K - A Bargain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
its just the clout. i love a good .co.uk as much as anyone here but the .com is just always going to be the daddy for a true brandable or generic as it opens up a global market without trying, its just so solid.

You'll have excuse me but I feel sometimes having a top generic or brandable .co.uk is like masturbation without an end result... its good but not quite there...

I don't agree in this instance. Mobile Phone isn't even a used phrase in USA so would be completely useless there. I would far rather mobilephones.co.uk than .com, and I bet the .com will sell for less.

pretty obvious exceptions arn't there :rolleyes:

I don't agree in this instance. Mobile Phone isn't even a used phrase in USA so would be completely useless there. I would far rather mobilephones.co.uk than .com, and I bet the .com will sell for less.

A little difference there with the dotCom .. 'Mobile' and Mobile Phones are a multi national term these Days, Mobile Phones is not just a UK term anymore .. In the USA the term Mobile is replacing the term Cell 'phones, most of the World uses the term Mobile and not Cell .. example of a long standing US company using the term Mobile .. TMobile.com .. there are many more that use the term Mobile and not Cell 'phone .. Cellphones doesn't have the same panache about it ... for what its worth the dot Com is worth a lot more than the co uk .. both are great names in any case ...

Getting back on the original track... has anyone heard any more about this? (Or have I missed something?). Is this deal going to go through...?

MobilePhones.co.uk - Update

Just a brief update before everybody starts to speculate after Suzi's post.

I have made payment for the name and Sedo are in the process of getting all the various facts and legal information together.
I have had no contact with the seller so far.

Sedo have been very good and are trying to get this matter resolved.
A lot is at stake - including the credibility of future domain auctions.

I will let you know once I have more information.

Thanks for all your support, which has been overwhelming and much appreciated.
Angie

Best of luck with this Angie. I'm glad to hear that all hope is not lost!!

Yep - good luck. I wasn't trying to stir up speculation, but it is obviously an important transaction from many perspectives. Thanks for the update.

MobilePhones.co.uk - Thank You

Admin - belated thanks for appreciating that I posted my news about the contested MobilePhones.co.uk auction on AcornDomains and got you a backlink from domainnewswire.com about the story. :)
We all owe you thanks for creating a trusted forum where UK domainers can debate the issues of the day. THANK YOU for creating this forum.

Several of the underbidders of the auction have come forward in private messages and shared information with me - in particular the first bidder, who revealed that the name was put into the Sedo auction following a second offer of £25K after his first initial offer was turned down. The name was hardly put into the auction "accidentally" as the seller claims. This information has given me the confidence to pursue this matter vigorously. I would not have found out about these things without the domainers sharing information in this forum.

I can reassure you that steps are being taken and that Sedo are on the ball.
For obvious reasons I cannot say too much here at this stage but will do so as soon as I can.

Yes I saw that, cool.

Thanks for posting this on AD Angie, I'm very happy you used my site to tell us about it and keep us informed of your progress, especially since a lot of us use Sedo to sell names.

I wish you all the best for a successful outcome!

Admin

Admin - belated thanks for appreciating that I posted my news about the contested MobilePhones.co.uk auction on AcornDomains and got you a backlink from domainnewswire.com about the story. :)
We all owe you thanks for creating a trusted forum where UK domainers can debate the issues of the day. THANK YOU for creating this forum.

Several of the underbidders of the auction have come forward in private messages and shared information with me - in particular the first bidder, who revealed that the name was put into the Sedo auction following a second offer of £25K after his first initial offer was turned down. The name was hardly put into the auction "accidentally" as the seller claims. This information has given me the confidence to pursue this matter vigorously. I would not have found out about these things without the domainers sharing information in this forum.

I can reassure you that steps are being taken and that Sedo are on the ball.
For obvious reasons I cannot say too much here at this stage but will do so as soon as I can.

Good for you ANY-WEB you have a case that you can go on with to enforce the transaction and or sue the seller for damages .. Sedo should be assisting you with their legal department resources .. good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

Sponsors

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Sponsors

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Shiny Nuts