Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Moving A .com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Nothing is ever straight forward with me, .com regd in my name years ago through everyone.net as part of email hosting, they regd through network solutions, I'm trying to get authorisation code so I can move the domain as I don't have the email package with everyone anymore.

Who's going to be able to give me the code? everyone or network solutions? as I've never managed the domain, everyone.net has.

Cheers
Lee

It's because the registries have moved over to EPP:

Extensible Provisioning Protocol - Wikipedia

EPP "codes" or "keys" are also required in the transfer of generic top-level domain names between registrars (.com, .net, .org, .biz, .info). .com and .net domain names only began requiring the EPP key from fourth quarter 2006.

Networksolutions should have the EPP key - as its a registrar to registrar process.

At eNom for example the key is always stated on "Edit General Settings" of the domain.

Is anyone about? I got a domain off someone else last night, a dot com, the domain expires 17th March 2007 so can't transfer registrar can I? So I have to have it with oneandone by the looks of it.

How?

Can I open a free account like 123-reg or do I have to initiate from the outset? It says transfer but then says about changing registrar instead of put authorise code in and change registrant, are they one and the same in yanky speak?

All I want to do is open a free account, pay for the additional year transfer, enter authorisation code and bob's your transvestite aunty. Or do I have to buy more things?

Cheers
Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom