Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

New domain extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm sure there is already a thread on this but I cant find it - i'm looking for info on how the experts feel new extensions like the .loans and .finance one's will impact the price of top level .co.uk domains (if at all)?

I sometimes look at premium domains but dont want to get hooked into buying some if the new extension things going to kill the prices.

Is there a thread on this i've missed?:confused:

Cheers

dilutedwww

All of these extra domains are just dilluted of their usefullness to the extent that a domain possibly can be. au, uk, com, net, edu and even info are household names. XXX has been a household name for years, but we can't seem to get the logic of setting adult sites to this domain. finances, etc... lol. guess what these domains were meant to do? cost.

Thats great, I was worried for a while there but from what i've read I cant see how the new domains can take over from the established ones.

For example big loan companies taking brand.loans wouldnt really make sense as they already own their brand.co.uk and I cant see customers typing in .loans, they'll still either do a search on google or goto brand.co.uk directly!

The only thing is cheap.loans, cheaper.loans etc.. as keyword domains but that would depend on how google would read the .loans part?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom