Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

New site jumping all over search engine page position

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize for my above comment if that is the case.

There is always exceptions to the rules and the pay day loans searches are always very amusing considering most of the domains are under a month old :D. That being siad I think we can all say all tactics like that are short term and will eventually (hopefully) get cleaned up by Google.

Be interesting to see how much money can be made from spamming the engines like crazy, reap rewards, watch it crash - then rinse / repeat

Sure many have made a business model of it

Be interesting to see how much money can be made from spamming the engines like crazy, reap rewards, watch it crash - then rinse / repeat

Sure many have made a business model of it
Make hay while the sun shines!

Google is moving fast, I think this short term strategy needs a pretty solid back up :)

Well good news folks. After adding some more unique and quality content my site is now at the top of page 2 for its preferred keyword which is classed as being high competition. I'm very pleased as the domain name is a brand new registered (dot) net. I'm confident in getting it to about position 3-4 of page one in a few months which by looking at the other sites in this sector is where it deserves to be. Spot no1 is Wiki and no2 is held by a very deserving and nicely done site.

Last edited:
Congrats on the positive movement. Regarding your comment:

which is classed as being high competition.

I would imagine this is referring to the Google Keyword Tool - the 'competition' is specific to AdWords and has nothing to do with organic rankings. Your best way to check the competition is to look at your competitors directly.

Congrats on the positive movement. Regarding your comment:

I would imagine this is referring to the Google Keyword Tool - the 'competition' is specific to AdWords and has nothing to do with organic rankings. Your best way to check the competition is to look at your competitors directly.

Sorry, yes being a bit of a newbie I misunderstood the Google tool. So I take it high "competition" on the Adwords tool is a good thing then?

Sorry, yes being a bit of a newbie I misunderstood the Google tool. So I take it high "competition" on the Adwords tool is a good thing then?
I would just ignore it all together. I 'believe' the competition is just down to how much bidding is going on for that keyword, it might correlate slightly with organic competition but I would just do your own SEO research for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom