Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Newbie question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm new to dropcatching and have just booked a domain at caught.co.uk. I'm not a Nominet member, so if I do catch the domain will there be any issues with me just getting the tag changed to 123-reg or whatever?

In fact what benefits are there to becoming a Noninet member? Does it just make it easier to renew, buy and sell, drop catch etc? Is DAC access the biggest reason for joining?

Thanks all!

I'm new to dropcatching and have just booked a domain at caught.co.uk. I'm not a Nominet member, so if I do catch the domain will there be any issues with me just getting the tag changed to 123-reg or whatever?

Changing to the tag you want shouldn't be a problem at all, a dropcatching service will usually do this for you as part of the service.

In fact what benefits are there to becoming a Noninet member? Does it just make it easier to renew, buy and sell, drop catch etc? Is DAC access the biggest reason for joining?

There are two distinct things you can do, apply for a Nominet Tag, and apply to be a member. Owning a Tag allows you to try dropcatching, which is now a lot harder than it used to be. Dropcatching was the principal reason people got a Tag. Once you have a Tag, becoming a member makes your renewals a lot cheaper and you can vote on corporate issues, i.e. you become a bit more of a stakeholder in the .co.uk domain space.

Hope this helps

Also I guess DAC access is quite useful if you are serious about domaining as it can give you a bit more info than generally available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom