Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

News from Fabulous.com

Reaction score
Not sure how many of us use Fabulous for .com, but thought this might be interesting to share:

As mentioned previously, there will no longer be a $25 late fee for domain renewals. You will be able to renew domains at the standard renewal rate up until day 41.

Fabulous will also be extending our Customer Support methods to include chat and phone support and we will return to offering 24/7 support (via chat and email).

We are also excited to announce that we will be partnering with ParkingCrew.com to offer monetization services. ParkingCrew are an industry leader in the domain parking business and have the reputation of offering the highest payouts.

With ParkingCrew's help, we are making this transition as smooth and seamless as possible. Your domains will remain on the Fabulous.com nameservers and you will continue to manage your parked domains through your Fabulous.com account, via the Traffic Control. Revenue reports and statistics will also be available through your Fabulous.com account. The only change is that you will now receive parking revenue payments from ParkingCrew directly.

In other news, we are happy to announce that we have partnered with Sedo.com, the world's largest domain name marketplace. Through this new relationship, we are giving you the ability to list your domains for sale and have them receive distribution via the Sedo MLS, all through your Fabulous.com account. Your domains will now be listed across Sedo's expansive list of registrars and partners.

All of these exciting changes (and more) will be live once the migration takes place on March 1, 2018.

Your Fabulous Team!

Sedo MLS may be a big deal for those with GTLD portfolios. All in all some intriguing changes.

Charge a fair commission and some of us might start re-listing names with you then :)

Charge a fair commission and some of us might start re-listing names with you then :)

The commission structure is normal to the industry Martin. We are in some ways cheaper than platforms like Afternic / Go Daddy which charges more than us. There are others who are cheaper, but the question is always on the reach and visibility of a domain on sale, to which Sedo has one of the best due to its network worldwide. The exposure of a domain on sale/ to buy is large.

However to your point, We do encourage our sellers to include the commission costs in their offers on the Sedo platform. And many do that, so they get the price they are looking for plus the Sedo commission included.

I do hope you re-list with us. (With commission price added to your offers)

Best,

Dhanush

I'd like to see Sedo introduce dedicated Sales landing pages as all their competitors have done. The current landing pages haven't been updated for many years, and the ads served are often not relevant, so we spend a lot of time using redirect to send visitors directly to the sedo sales page as we're sure it helps attract bids. Having said that no one has yet matched sedo for the offer/acceptance process, dedicated transfer team, payment process, anonymous bidding (which suits a lot of buyers) and that's where their real strength lies. So if we could have that dedicated sales landing page (without ads) then it would save us a lot of time and be good for sedo too.

I'd like to see Sedo introduce dedicated Sales landing pages as all their competitors have done. The current landing pages haven't been updated for many years, and the ads served are often not relevant, so we spend a lot of time using redirect to send visitors directly to the sedo sales page as we're sure it helps attract bids. Having said that no one has yet matched sedo for the offer/acceptance process, dedicated transfer team, payment process, anonymous bidding (which suits a lot of buyers) and that's where their real strength lies. So if we could have that dedicated sales landing page (without ads) then it would save us a lot of time and be good for sedo too.
Will inquire on the landing page point with our product team and get back to you Nigel. Thank you for the input.

Its sedo's minimum commissions which is the problem, while the lower end of the GTLD maybe 500+ the lower end of ccTLDs and .uk is 50+, if you sell at £75 over half goes on commission.

If you (Sedo) look at domain lore, and see how many sub-£100 sales are going through, now ratio that up, sedo are potentially losing 1000s of sales worth £10s of thousands of pounds per month in revenue.

The lower end comission on cctld's not just .uk really needs a review, 1000 small sales and 10 big sales vs 10 big sales , I know which I'd take, apparently not the same as sedo.

My problem with Sedo is, they don't sell any s4it domains anymore, years ago they attracted joe bloggs I want any ok'ish domain at any cost, now its all domain professionals who know what they are doing, how I'm going to shift my lot god only knows. Sort it out sedo. <- maybe post was more suited to viz :)

I'm a buyer, I so rarely sell on the reseller market, I can't even remember the last reseller name I sold :/ so I can't speak for people unloading crap.

I can comment on the number of £30-50 offers I get though. I can also comment on the number of cryptic messages which basically say yes I'll sell at a lower price but not on sedo due to comm, contact me directly.

As a business man, I understand you gotta get your hands dirty when digging for gold. Which means one man's coal is next man's diamand :)

Something to be aware of: in the new Fabulous system, domains seem to default to "auto renew on". It's easy enough to go in and turn that off in bulk (up to 1,000 domains at a time) but I didn't want anyone to get caught out.

HOW TO
1. Log in
2. Go to "MANAGE"
3. Scroll to the bottom of the page and change the "25" to "1000" to show 1000 domains
4. Select the "Update Auto-Renew" from the Bulk Update pulldown menu.
5. Flip the "Auto-Renew" to "OFF"
6. Done!

Oh, and if you have an ad blocker running, it seems to interfere with the way they display some of the screens. For instance, the list of domains doesn't show in the "Manage" view. There are no ads that I can see and everything loads like greased lightning, so it should be ok to switch to an unblocked browser!

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom