Domain Manage

no win/no fee dropcatchers

Discussion in 'New Domainers' started by dodgy123, Feb 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dodgy123

dodgy123 Member

Hi,
    I'm going to use 3 no win/no fee dropcatchers to hopefully get the domain I've wanted for years.
    caught.co.uk
    drop.co.uk
    Dacr.co.uk
    I know this has been suggested before on this forum but wanted to check my information was up to date and this will give me enough chance

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. deluxedomains

deluxedomains Active Member

you may want to consider robs system domainview it has been ok for me in the past

4. dodgy123

dodgy123 Member

thanks I'll take a look

5. Murray United Kingdom

Murray Well-Known Member

Dacr is closing down

Drop
    Domainwatchlist
    devaid
    pfukcatching
    domainjunky
    domainview

All the above you can book at for no money upfront, you just pay for the successful catch

If the domain you want is of obvious value then it most likely already be booked unless you managed to get in there within a few minutes of it being available to book.

Also private catchers will also be after it so your chances will always be slim.

But if it's just a domain you personally like and has no obvious value to anyone else then your chances are good.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  6. dodgy123

dodgy123 Member

thanks murray
    Just another thing, I've seen talk of the upcoming .uk domains being offered to the owners of .co.uk first. I take it that when/if one of these dropcatching companies get my domain it'll be me that gets that opportunity and not them. This is assuming that the .org.uk etc isn't already taken

7. Skinner

Skinner Well-Known Member

The rights of the .uk reside with the domain name not who caught it, who owned it, whoever owns it on the 14th June gets the right to .uk :)

If you really want it, you can offer a sufficient fee and get the private catchers on its case too.

If you go this route, post offering £XXX along with the expected drop date, then ask the catcher for the first letter of any domains they have planned, this will give you a good clue as to if they have your name booked themselves.

8. dodgy123

dodgy123 Member

That's good to know

I think I've got the patience to wait. I've refused to buy it on principle of it sitting there doing nothing for at least 4 years (I know it's against the ethos of this forum) this will put most of you off
    I must admit I've got a little obsessive over it with 60 (they may change the rules) and 90 day alerts on my phone.
    My actual website places high in google as it is so there's no rush

9. Skinner

Skinner Well-Known Member

Is the domain owned by a domainer ? (i.e. a name you've seen before or a registrant name which matches the tag?) if it does the odds are it won't drop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.