Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

no win/no fee dropcatchers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm going to use 3 no win/no fee dropcatchers to hopefully get the domain I've wanted for years.
caught.co.uk
drop.co.uk
Dacr.co.uk
I know this has been suggested before on this forum but wanted to check my information was up to date and this will give me enough chance

Dacr is closing down

Drop
Domainwatchlist
devaid
pfukcatching
domainjunky
domainview

All the above you can book at for no money upfront, you just pay for the successful catch

If the domain you want is of obvious value then it most likely already be booked unless you managed to get in there within a few minutes of it being available to book.

Also private catchers will also be after it so your chances will always be slim.

But if it's just a domain you personally like and has no obvious value to anyone else then your chances are good.

Last edited:
thanks murray
Just another thing, I've seen talk of the upcoming .uk domains being offered to the owners of .co.uk first. I take it that when/if one of these dropcatching companies get my domain it'll be me that gets that opportunity and not them. This is assuming that the .org.uk etc isn't already taken

The rights of the .uk reside with the domain name not who caught it, who owned it, whoever owns it on the 14th June gets the right to .uk :)

If you really want it, you can offer a sufficient fee and get the private catchers on its case too.

If you go this route, post offering £XXX along with the expected drop date, then ask the catcher for the first letter of any domains they have planned, this will give you a good clue as to if they have your name booked themselves.

thanks murray
Just another thing, I've seen talk of the upcoming .uk domains being offered to the owners of .co.uk first. I take it that when/if one of these dropcatching companies get my domain it'll be me that gets that opportunity and not them. This is assuming that the .org.uk etc isn't already taken

That's good to know

I think I've got the patience to wait. I've refused to buy it on principle of it sitting there doing nothing for at least 4 years (I know it's against the ethos of this forum) this will put most of you off
I must admit I've got a little obsessive over it with 60 (they may change the rules) and 90 day alerts on my phone.
My actual website places high in google as it is so there's no rush

Is the domain owned by a domainer ? (i.e. a name you've seen before or a registrant name which matches the tag?) if it does the odds are it won't drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

Sponsors

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Sponsors

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Shiny Nuts