Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Nominet changed WHOIS results and I lost caught domain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Has anyone else ever experienced it when they've caught a domain, seen their details appear in the whois as the new registrant, only to find that later (in my case within an hour or so), the whois changed and a different registrant was listed as the new owner?

We caught a domain this week only for this to happen and Nominet are denying that our details could ever have appeared in the whois.

I'm 100% certain that they did, but don't have any records (why would I have needed them, after all?!).

Does anyone know what logs Nominet should have in this scenario? It's pretty frustrating to be honest.

I recall a domain earlier this week where the .uk was caught, but the whois on the .co.uk remained unregistered. Can't remember the name now, but I assume it was just a glitch as I've never seen it before.

Other catchers may have a record if they were also trying to register it

I recall a domain earlier this week where the .uk was caught, but the whois on the .co.uk remained unregistered. Can't remember the name now, but I assume it was just a glitch as I've never seen it before.
It's not a glitch has happened loads of times some domain's have a manual hold on them and this was one. So nominet have to manually accept it.

Yes, it was a name with a manual hold, but Nominet are insisting 100% that our details could not have appeared on the whois.

Yet they did.

I checked the whois multiple times from 2 minutes after it dropped and it was showing as not registered.

The domain that was on hold this week was spur.co.uk.

The .UK was registered immediately to ENTERFIRST but the .co.uk was on hold, and was registered an hour or so to the same TAG, ENTERFIRST.

I received "intervention required" when reading the EPP response and later rejection emails from Nominet with the reason "Already registered".

From my records, the WHOIS always showed ENTERFIRST if that's the domain you were referring to?

Ha, i had spur.co.uk in my basket as it was showing as available and i was able to add it to purchase, however i assumed i was pipped to the post by seconds as it didn't successfully register and 5 seconds later it showed the current registrant.

Does anyone have whois history showing us as the registrant, rather than Enterfirst?

All I saw the Who-Is showing was the "this domain has not been registered" status, I assumed it would be a manual intervention so I went to hand reg it to make sure and, that's what it said.

My logs only show...

1445869209.900906 spur.co.uk,N
1445868472.269892 spur.co.uk,N

Which are 10 mins apart.

It showed as FTR after the .uk was caught - I was able to reg it at 2 different registrars but obviously they had to return my payment. The whois showed the current registrant moments later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom