Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Phuket, I'm off to Phuket!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Further to our thread from the other day......

http://www.acorndomains.co.uk/general-board/82474-overseas-q.html

OK, so somewhere between now and the next 6 months I am going to be going to Phuket for 6-12 months and who knows where to go from there!

This is what Im going to be doing in the morning:

http://www.tigermuaythai.com/

And then afternoon/evening will be all about making money/chilling at the beach/having fun.

The best thing: training and your own bungalow and 2 nice meals a day costs £400 a month!!

The reason for the message is that Im looking for likeminded (Domainers/online/SEO/web designers) that would be interested in this once in a lifetime opportunity (living for peanuts in a paradise while getting fit (the thai boxing isn't compulsory if you dont want to do it)).

Anyone with no ties that would like to come, let me know!

Well done!

Make sure you blog about it somewhere :)

Interesting, been looking at it as well, but how did you make up the 400? I could only find more expensive packages for having your own bungalow.

Interesting, been looking at it as well, but how did you make up the 400? I could only find more expensive packages for having your own bungalow.

Well this is my calculation if done in 3 month blocks:

24500 THB - training
30000 Bungalow with internet + Air con
7500 THB - 2 meals a day at camp

= approx 60k Thai Bhat
= 1208 GBP
1208/4 = approx 400 a month

Yes, that is £1208 for the training, own accommodation, and 2 meals/drinks daily!!! - for 3 months!!!!

On top of that I spoke to the manager and he'd do a discount if there was a few if us.

Again, all the accommodation has broadband internet so business CAN be done :)

Oh , and this is what your 2 meals a day are:

"Tiger Grill Meal Plan »
2,000 Baht
7,500 Baht
Per Week
Per Month

Includes: 2x meals daily. Each meal includes your choice of 3 Thai Main Dishes, BBQ Chicken Breast, or Pork Steak + White and Brown Rice, Steamed vegetables, soup, fruit and a bottle of water."

Of course I'll/we'll be eating many more meals than that!

If you want to make a bit of extra cash while you're there you can hit all the gay bars and write me some reviews for my newest site. :D

i'm off to Vietnam, Laos and Thailand for 3 months at the end of April, will be having a look and considering staying over there for longer, this is something that may be of interest to me. Can you pm me some more info.

i'm off to Vietnam, Laos and Thailand for 3 months at the end of April, will be having a look and considering staying over there for longer, this is something that may be of interest to me. Can you pm me some more info.

Just dropped you an email mate.

"Hey Marcoose. You play Connect 4?"

"Um, sure."

"You play you buy me drink."

"Um sure."

23 drinks later...

"You good player. I play no more. Bai bai."

Good effort making the move. Spent a week scuba-diving in Phuket many years ago. Really recommend it.

Cheers,

Ed

Last edited:
Great to see some fellow domainers getting in to Muay Thai.

For accommodation you may want to just book a week or so with the gym so you can get the lay of the land and then find something else locally. The accommodation provided by the gyms is usually overpriced.

A word of warning about paying for large blocks in advance, you will not get a refund if you don't like the place or even if you get injured and can't train. If you are staying for a few months then you also may want to try a few different gyms.

After doing Muay Thai I'm normally too tired to do much work. Depending on how hard you train your productivity will take a hit, particularly as you will need a good nights sleep to recover for the next day of training. It may be best to maintain current projects rather than start new ones, although you can always take a break from training to get a new site up.

Take a look at MuayThailand.com and FightPassport.com for some more tips. I should also have MuayThai.co.uk up and running soon enough.

You may also want to consider the security of using public wifi for business. To protect your privacy and get around local website blocks you may want to get a VPN. (shameless plug alert) Take a look at VPN Reviews for a list.

I'm also planning on being in region around April/May time for a few months. It would be good to meet up.

Mo.

Last edited:
Do you have to mention Muay Thai boxing, I miss it sooooo much but can't do it because of health issues :(

Wish I had 2k, I would be off like a shot !!!

Good luck and save me enough space for a guest bed ;)

I am a bit confused by this post below, do you think domainers sit on their ass all day :?:

Last edited:
Really great post mate - thanks for the tips. Can you recommend any gyms in particular? Also, regarding accommodation, can you recommend any in particluar. Actually admin, didn't you say you had a friend who could help out with accommodation?

My vision is to have 4/5 people (non of my friends are up for it due to work, families, etc) where we can rent a luxury villa for relatively nothing and run our businesses and get fit thai boxing if that is somthing you want to do.

For accommodation you may want to just book a week or so with the gym so you can get the lay of the land and then find something else locally. The accommodation provided by the gyms is usually overpriced.

A word of warning about paying for large blocks in advance, you will not get a refund if you don't like the place or even if you get injured and can't train. If you are staying for a few months then you also may want to try a few different gyms.

After doing Muay Thai I'm normally too tired to do much work. Depending on how hard you train your productivity will take a hit, particularly as you will need a good nights sleep to recover for the next day of training. It may be best to maintain current projects rather than start new ones, although you can always take a break from training to get a new site up.

Take a look at MuayThailand.com and FightPassport.com for some more tips. I should also have MuayThai.co.uk up and running soon enough.

You may also want to consider the security of using public wifi for business. To protect your privacy and get around local website blocks you may want to get a VPN. (shameless plug alert) Take a look at VPN Reviews for a list.

I'm also planning on being in region around April/May time for a few months. It would be good to meet up.

Mo.

Really great post mate - thanks for the tips. Can you recommend any gyms in particular? Also, regarding accommodation, can you recommend any in particluar. Actually admin, didn't you say you had a friend who could help out with accommodation?

My vision is to have 4/5 people (non of my friends are up for it due to work, families, etc) where we can rent a luxury villa for relatively nothing and run our businesses and get fit thai boxing if that is somthing you want to do.

Mo.

You only need 2k mate Dood if you want to pay for everything up front which is something I was considering before. As long as you make regular income online you can pay as you go.

Do you have to mention Muay Thai boxing, I miss it sooooo much but can't do it because of health issues :(

Wish I had 2k, I would be off like a shot !!!

Good luck and save me enough space for a guest bed ;)

I am a bit confused by this post below, do you think domainers sit on their ass all day :?:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom