Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Popular City Domains Including London.co.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
.co.com City Domain Auctions

Hi RobM,

The .co.com Registry launched .co.com as an extension in February last year. It is now in the Public Suffix List you can find here: https://publicsuffix.org/list/effective_tld_names.dat

You can also find more information on our registry website at http://registry.co.com including a press release announcing the the recent sale of mobile.co.com and movil.co.com for USD $32K.

Our technical back-end is CentralNic.

So yes, some do refer to .co.com as a subdomain, but the a significant investment has been made to put the technology, policy, security and process in place.

We are seeing some nice adoption with many websites going live each month. If you do a google search on "site:.co.com" you will see many content rich well designed sites have been launched.

Pardon the long answer, but hope that helps.

Best,
Ken

the same people who own m*bile co bought the co dot com for $25000
according to dnj this week.

the same people who own m*bile co bought the co dot com for $25000
according to dnj this week.

Ridiculous.

I wouldn't touch this business model with a stick, but hypothetically, if I needed a way to establish credibility where there is none, I might pay some 'promotional fees' to a few domainers and engineer some sales.

A bit like paying people for bullshit testimonials. Sleazy - but clearly effective for the type of low rent squeeze pages selling crap to poor chumps in the US.

A bit like paying people for bullshit testimonials. Sleazy - but clearly effective for the type of low rent squeeze pages selling crap to poor chumps in the US.
Do companies actually pay for them thought they wrote them all themselves ? Its what office juniors are for isn’t it :D

Can you really trust someone who say's

"So yes, some do refer to .co.com as a subdomain"

When they should actually be aware or make themselves aware that it is.

It does actually depend what one defines a subdomain as.

"co.uk" and "org.uk" could be considered subdomains of "uk"
"bbc" could be considered a subdomain of "co.uk"
"news" could be considered a subdomain of "bbc.co.uk"

The OP is selling subdomains (third level domain names) of "co.com", just as Nominet is selling subdomains (third level domain names) of "co.uk". The difference being IANA have delegated "uk" to Nominet and Nominet, in turn, delegate second level domains of *.uk and third level domain names of *.co.uk to their registrants. IANA have delegated "com" to Verisign and a customer, via a registrar, has registered "co.com". They, in turn, are delegating third level domain names of *.co.com" to customers via other registrars.

I don't believe "co.com", "uk.com" etc are subject to UDRP. I found this on CentralNIC's web site. I feel it would be interesting, yet also unlikely, to see a UDRP filed against "co.com" because of the use of "major-trademark.co.com" by a customer of "co.com" but one never knows.

The two things to watch out for would be the registrant of "co.com" pulling the rug out from under the entire operation and ensuring that the backend provider was competent and using a good DNS infrastructure.

Isn't that like saying "city.company.company"?

I don't get it?

Hi Martin,

I understand your point. However, in most of the world, .com, since it is used for so many non-company things, is now view by the general public as simply meaning something "online". .co.com is viewed by many (not all, I know) as purely generic.

Best,
Ken

.co.com subdomains will be a very hard sell on this forum. Most domainers on here wouldn't touch a .uk.com or a .co with a barge pole and to my mind .co.com is an order of magnitude less desirable.

It does actually depend what one defines a subdomain as.

"co.uk" and "org.uk" could be considered subdomains of "uk"
"bbc" could be considered a subdomain of "co.uk"
"news" could be considered a subdomain of "bbc.co.uk"

The OP is selling subdomains (third level domain names) of "co.com", just as Nominet is selling subdomains (third level domain names) of "co.uk". The difference being IANA have delegated "uk" to Nominet and Nominet, in turn, delegate second level domains of *.uk and third level domain names of *.co.uk to their registrants. IANA have delegated "com" to Verisign and a customer, via a registrar, has registered "co.com". They, in turn, are delegating third level domain names of *.co.com" to customers via other registrars.

I don't believe "co.com", "uk.com" etc are subject to UDRP. I found this on CentralNIC's web site. I feel it would be interesting, yet also unlikely, to see a UDRP filed against "co.com" because of the use of "major-trademark.co.com" by a customer of "co.com" but one never knows.

The two things to watch out for would be the registrant of "co.com" pulling the rug out from under the entire operation and ensuring that the backend provider was competent and using a good DNS infrastructure.

UDRP and URS both apply to .co.com domains. You can find the .co.com policies here: http://registry.co.com/wp-content/u...Plan-and-Operational-Policies-Feb-22-2014.pdf

The .co.com Registry has an agreement with CentralNic that requires continued availability of .co.com registrations. In addition the domain is locked and requires the agreement of both .co.com Registry and before the domain can be transferred. Security measures, including outbound calls to a designated representative of both .co.com Registry and CentralNic, and the provision of specified government identify documentation is required before a transfer can take place.

Well i'm giving .co.com a go.

I have got a site up and running on Parking.co.com

I just couldn't resist the name !

Better make sure you also pop off and register the equivalent ".com.co" with the Columbian registry as well, just to avoid any potential confusion between ".co.com" and ".com.co" :)

Apart from the statement that this is not a sub domain. I have the greatest respect for the guy who runs the extension.

There is an article related to this under Lowdown on dnjournal with a link to an older article about the owner which made good reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom