Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

PR Update today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few small changes for me, all positive, but nothing major. I see right here Acorn has had a nice update too, from PR4 to PR5 nice :)

One of my sites went from PR1 to PR3 - and is now appearing page 3 on google out of nowhere!

I think you're all luckier than I today - despite plugging lots of time effort, getting links in, site promotion and social links I've dropped down from PR2 to PR1

Go figure!

I think you're all luckier than I today - despite plugging lots of time effort, getting links in, site promotion and social links I've dropped down from PR2 to PR1

Go figure!

How old is the site?

I'm starting to think there's a negative age factor (or perhaps an average of age and incoming links over time) in toolbar PR.

Jenni.me went up to a PR2 (from 1), yet my partner's site - which has only been live for a couple of months and has many of the same (but fewer) links - has gone from unranked to 4. Our domain name extensions are different and so are our hosts.

And yes I am annoyed :cool:

My PR6 site has gone down to a 5 as well. Everything else is up though.

Yes had a PR update on some of my sites. One site has gone from PR0 to PR5 and the site is only 5 months old although has had a huge amount of links :)

How old is the site?

I'm starting to think there's a negative age factor (or perhaps an average of age and incoming links over time) in toolbar PR.

Jenni.me went up to a PR2 (from 1), yet my partner's site - which has only been live for a couple of months and has many of the same (but fewer) links - has gone from unranked to 4. Our domain name extensions are different and so are our hosts.

It's now around 10 months old - not an aged site, but not brand new either....

Hey Blossom,

The reason why your partners website has a PR4 is because all the 'PR juice' hasn't been passed through to the other pages. The only page that is indexed by google is the homepage. On the next update the PR will been distributed through to the other pages, if they get indexed.

I managed to take advantage of this a while back on a new website which allowed me to make some great link exchanges before the PR was distributed to the other pages, which also meant the homepage PR went down also.

How old is the site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom