Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

providing invoices for domain sales?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello,

I've sold a domain name for £500.00 (via sedo)

Minus Sedo's cut I receive into my bank account £400

The buyer of the domain has asked me to provide a VAT receipt.

Obviously the buyer has paid £500 so would expect an invoice with that amount, but I didn't actually receive that amount, how do I deal with that?

Any advice please? cheers Mally

When you sell by Sedo you have two transactions to deal with at your end:

a) A sale for the total amount

b) An expense for Sedo's commission

To answer your question depends on whether you're VAT registered. If you are VAT registered then you need to supply an invoice for £416.66+VAT (which is £500). If you are not VAT registered then you need to supply an invoice for £500 and explain that you're not VAT registered.

Actually, I have been asked to create the invoices a few times, but I didn't really have time to do it. I genuinely forgot to do so, but things were still ok. My customers didn't keep asking me for the invoices, and their requests dropped out.

Actually, I have been asked to create the invoices a few times, but I didn't really have time to do it. I genuinely forgot to do so, but things were still ok. My customers didn't keep asking me for the invoices, and their requests dropped out.

That's because your buyer only gets two chances to request an invoice through Sedo - then the option is taken away from them.

I requested an invoice for one of my purchases through Sedo but the Seller was too busy bragging on here about what a great price they got to send me an invoice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom