Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Rapid domain development - lets discuss how...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
We have been discussing if there are any rapid domain name development options out there , here. http://www.acorndomains.co.uk/business-discussions/64227-any-rapid-development-options-out-there.html.

There are none. You have to pay someone to develop something for you, and much of whats out there uses duplicate content which means you get penalised by Google.

Any thoughts on how to develop something that gets the job done?

I suspect the answer involves some web 2.0 combination of on site mash ups, api feeds/ rss and user generated content, but I'm not a developer so I thought I'd see what others think.

Last edited:
The golden '1 click' site creator software just isn't a possibility IMHO.

I've been working with datafeeds recently to create rapid affiliate stores. Problem is the quality of the datafeeds is so poor and the categorisation so lame that some user involvement is essential.

I like the idea of using article sites RSS feeds to keep the site fresh. Note to self-investigate further

There are problems with feeds, APIs, rss and things like that. Google sees them as duplicate content, or they don't get indexed because goog does not see them at all i.e. javascript elements on a page.

Thats the problem........:(

I think the missing ingredient is traffic. If you put together something Web 2.0-y which relies partially or predominantly on user submitted content, then the quicker you can throw a wave of traffic at the site and get that content going, the more likely you are going to be able to distinguish yourself in the mind of Google from other sites with similar content.

Of course, if you have a domain that's already bringing you several hundred or thousands of uniques a day, you're pretty much there. Figure out what it is that the collective "wisdom of crowds" can be harnessed to contribute, and get the crowd contributing!

There are many simple mash ups that take less than 10 minutes to customise.

They can include feeds, be that product or rss, and content from numerous sources, all indexable and se friendly.

They will get you 1000 uniques a month with no other work at all, all you have to do then is, make your 1000 visitors convert into 10 minutes worth of your time and your roi is complete.

The moment you rely on content that is available to everyone, then you are not really providing anything new and Google won't give you the love.

You need to provide your own content, or as others have said, get the community to do it for you.

I have a framework that will let me roll out a new site in under a minute (one row in a database). The new site has affiliate product links, ebay links, google ads in relevant places, forum area, article pages, news pages, links page, contact form, privacy etc.

But all of those areas need to be filled for the site to be of any use and to start getting indexed.

If I could spend some time on the admin pages then it might be something I would let others try; but currently I don't have the time.

Of course, if you have a domain that's already bringing you several hundred or thousands of uniques a day, you're pretty much there.

Edwin, I have the problem that many people have - I am sitting on a stock of keyword rich domains that need content to earn a return. I've never had a domain that makes hundreds of uniques daily without development (I think you own a lot of them of them :) ) Natural traffic on almost all of my domains is negligible or insignificant but these domains can be profitably developed. However, the margins are slim and that means you need a lot of sites to make good money.

I use wordpress as a basis for most of my sites, quick to setup and you don't have to use it as a blog.

You can get plugins that basically turn it into a CMS, so you just add pages of content at will, ignoring the post section of wordpress. So for mini sites setup is very quick and all you need to do is add content.

I do use datafeeds in many of my Wordpress sites and yes there is a problem with duplicate content, however, if you are careful to add your own unique content, both in addition to the datafeed and within the data you are taking from the datafeed then it tends to work well.

I think wordpress is ideas because as you know it has the structure, easily themed, many plugins out there to make it do what you want.

Also Wordpress MU could be a solution if you have many to create meaning that creating a new site is all done via the interface.

Can I just establish - you don't want to write content - you want a system which uses existing content?

If we are talking about rapid development then we are talking about “thin affiliate shops”.

Big G will “love” you for a week or two then – whoosh, supplemental results.

But, it is possible to keep thin affiliate on the top even without much content, involves some tricks of trade (nothing not approved by big G, perfectly fine and acceptable). ;) The only problem: these tricks are result of research, work and trial-n-error so I don’t think anyone would share them in full. :rolleyes:

Can I just establish - you don't want to write content - you want a system which uses existing content?

Like many people here I have a lot of domains. I am looking into the different ways of quickly building out these domains.

I don't know of a way that uses existing content without penalty form Goog. Seems to me that the only quick way to build out my sites is to pay others to do it for me - but then it starts to get very expensive. Ive been quoted £50 - £200 per site.

Another option is Wordpress MU but that might not be around for long.

As I understand it Wordpress MU and Wordpress are combining, Wordpress MU officially stopped at around WP2.7

Might be wrong on that so If anyone does know of an official line from the Wordpress people I am sure it would help many here.

I suppose it all depends what your looking for in the end with your sites. Its not so much getting a site up, but its more so about the quality of the content. As mentioned in a previous thread, Whypark users unfortunately are counting on duplicate content, which everyone is coming to realize that doesn't work anymore - Google and other SE's are becoming more and more adamant about fresh unique content.

Sure you can grab articles from different places but if you have a site on loans for example, and your sharing that same content that 200 other loan sites have it depends if you were one of the first 5 sites to be indexed into the SE for that duplicate article.

People don't realize this though and think old models will work, and you know, perhaps for a while they will - but like anything, if your lazy your not going to get anything in return and everyone knows this. You have to write your own content, thats the trick and also the trouble all in one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom