Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Recommendations for UK hosts?

Reaction score
I'm going to be working on 3 big websites simultaneously.

I've got a bluehost VPS with cpanel (surprisingly pleasant experience considering how crap their shared hosting is, can get better value purely in terms of specs but I seem to get a higher tier of support at my level - can't grumble) and happy sticking with that for two of those sites, which are built on Wordpress.

But I'm targeting global traffic (all English speaking) with those two sites, and whilst I'm not at the point where a decent CDN really makes financial sense (it will at some point) I'm better off having my servers based in the US where I earn by far the most from adsense. Quicker in US = better conversion.

But my 3rd site is going to targeting UK traffic only on a .co.uk domain. So I'm better off hosting on UK servers.

Can anybody recommend a good UK host which offers scalable VPS, can basically start for about as cheap as I can get (e.g. 10gb SSD).... but want to be able to quickly scale from 10gb + 1gb ram to 30gb + 2gb RAM etc.

So who is good in the UK space? Don't think I've ever had a UK hosting account!

I'm not sure 20i can offer vps hosting. Shame because they are the best host I have ever used in every aspect. I cannot recommend them highly enough for standard, reseller type hosting. Support is from UK (technical people) and near instant and always on the money, they do things for you rather than tell you how to to it. All SSD, one press SSL, an automated migrations service so you can move sites from an old host en masse without doing the work, I could go on. They developed all their own systems so its not WHM/cpanel.

I'm not sure 20i can offer vps hosting. Shame because they are the best host I have ever used in every aspect. I cannot recommend them highly enough for standard, reseller type hosting. Support is from UK (technical people) and near instant and always on the money, they do things for you rather than tell you how to to it. All SSD, one press SSL, an automated migrations service so you can move sites from an old host en masse without doing the work, I could go on. They developed all their own systems so its not WHM/cpanel.

think they do....check it. Reseller options also

https://www.20i.com/vps

So they do! They might not have done in the past. Well I'd give them a look and my recommendation is not based on their ad banner. I've been moving most of my sites to them from other hosts and I pay their normal rates like anyone else, they are simply the best host Ive used in 15 years.

EDIT: Yes, vps is a new service (theres a 'new' label in the menu).

So they do! They might not have done in the past. Well I'd give them a look and my recommendation is not based on their ad banner. I've been moving most of my sites to them from other hosts and I pay their normal rates like anyone else, they are simply the best host Ive used in 15 years.

Completely agree. I have 10 sites with them on their wordpress hosting and its great. Support is fantastic and real people actually engaging with you.

I used ukservers.com for a while and they were excellent. Note I have no affiliation with them.
-edit- sorry I don't know if they do VPS as I always run dedicated servers but I would imagine so.

Is there a referral for Acorn if we buy through the banner or some other form of referral code? Going to try the reseller hosting

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom